Bkb13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
raptor
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
If I’m reading this right, we have a system that is 71% charged and it has 50kwh to a complete charge. You can read this right above the phone icon taken from the forbidden video. If that is true, it means the total battery size is 172.4KWH. That should be 500 miles in range.

Anyone else see the same? Am I reading the screen right?

Tesla Cybertruck 172 KWH / 500 miles range based on forbidden video IMG_5767
Sponsored

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
this has been discussed to death in the original video's thread, but no. i do not believe that you are. usually that number (+50mi) indicates how much you've added this session, and there is no way of knowing when they started.

I still believe in my estimate of 200-243kwh based on the 77kw and 55 minute charge speed, but as others pointed out tesla does try to factor in the charging curve (although very ineffectively.. If my car starts at 70% and says 25mins to 100%, im gonna be there for 35 at least) . So if it says 55 minutes remaining at 77 kw, i'd say that's a pretty close bet for the top-end estimate. (77kw * 55m) / 0.29% = 243 KWH total . But 200 feels like a more well-rounded number in terms of weight from my, uneducated point of view.

PS: range will depend on efficiency, and efficiency is largely situational/environmental. 172.4KWH would be (75/77)*172.4 = 167mi of total range, by the way from the listed numbers :p So either the listed numbers can't be trusted, or this CT just finished towing a trailer @85mph up a hill in cold weather.. Because having 4x the capacity but 1/4 the efficiency of my standard range M3 would not be ideal.

Last edited:

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
+50 is charge added already if Im not mistaken.
So unfortunately this is gonna be way off.

VR Driving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
The real range seems to be around 270 miles fully charged. I'd assume this was the performance model that is less efficient.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
50 is what's been added already.

You could do some math saying charge rate, time to complete and percentage uncharged, and you'd get something north of 300 kWh battery, but the charge rate isn't linear. They throttle it at the end , and the Tesla UI knows this. No way to calculate the range from the info.

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
The only info that is useful is the info that states it will take about 6% to travel 16 miles. If we broke it down to 5% for every 16 miles for easier math...that makes it about 320 miles.

If we guess that the efficiency is 400wh/mile...we get about 128 kwh pack....but my guess for dual motor is somewhere in the 130-140kwh range. My final guess!!! Now let's wait for the unveil where he will never tell us the battery pack size...🥲

Last edited:

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
13 days y'all. Just hold out

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
If we broke it down to 5% for every 16 miles for easier math...that makes it about 320 miles.
this, +\- 20mi, but noting:

• it’s Tesla, so adjust as you see fit for *actual* milage vs on-screen

• this truck is a dual motor (the performance version will take nominal range hit, like the S vs Plaid)

• this truck is wearing the Goodyear ATs, which will likely impart a significant range hit (vs the street Pirelli’s) - potentially as much as 15% (assuming 75mph continuous driving)

• all the normal range changes that can occur from driving style, ambient temps, tire PSI, etc.

Given all the above, frankly, this video gives y’all just about as much *reliable* range information as you’re EVER going to have - regardless of what’s said on Nov. 30

Because, even if on Nov 30, Tesla comes out and says eg “350mi range,” that figure will STILL be subject to all the variables bulleted above.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
this, +\- 20mi, but noting:

• it’s Tesla, so adjust as you see fit for *actual* milage vs on-screen

• this truck is a dual motor (the performance version will take nominal range hit, like the S vs Plaid)

• this truck is wearing the Goodyear ATs, which will likely impart a significant range hit (vs the street Pirelli’s) - potentially as much as 15% (assuming 75mph continuous driving)

• all the normal range changes that can occur from driving style, ambient temps, tire PSI, etc.

Given all the above, frankly, this video gives y’all just about as much *reliable* range information as you’re EVER going to have - regardless of what’s said on Nov. 30

Because, even if on Nov 30, Tesla comes out and says eg “350mi range,” that figure will STILL be subject to all the variables bulleted above.
In my experience the range predictor for nav is pretty good. Usually estimates low (I typically arrive with slightly higher charge then originally estimated)

I don't even look at the EPA guesstimate and keep it on %.

I'm so torn cause I know I want the ATs but the street tires are boring lol

Also, one day I'll be like ooh let's go offroading and then I'll regret my decision.

But on the other hand if I get the ATs I might regret it more often because of the range hit.

Decisions decisions

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
The only info that is useful is the info that states it will take about 6% to travel 16 miles. If we broke it down to 5% for every 16 miles for easier math...that makes it about 320 miles.

If we guess that the efficiency is 400wh/mile...we get about 128 kwh pack....but my guess for dual motor is somewhere in the 130-140kwh range. My final guess!!! Now let's wait for the unveil where he will never tell us the battery pack size...🥲
Very reasonable assessment. Thank you.

I think we are looking at about ~350 miles of range for the Dual Motor, NON-performance model.

And based on physics, a 7000lb vehicle, it being not as aerodynamic as a Model S, and using 4680s, that 350 miles of range seems logical.

Or, you can believe in Santa Claus and that Tesla promised a 500 mile range so you are sticking with "Tesla promised 500 miles, and that is what I think they deliver".
Sponsored