Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I initially ordered a 2 motor Cyber Truck and now wish to order a 3 motor Cyber Truck instead. Is there an easy way to do this? I want the extra range!!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
You can change your trim package from 2 to 3. There is some debate on whether your place in line is kept. Another approach is wait until they contact you and you can switch then. Don‘t know if it will cause a delay.

If you have a 2 on order and for some reason a 3 dropped through the deal, would Tesla contact a 2 reservation to offer an upgrade or would they contact the next 3 motor reservation number?

I am still looking for 20k worth of change in the couch before zip commit to 3 motor When I am contacted by Tesla.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I am still looking for 20k worth of change in the couch before zip commit to 3 motor When I am contacted by Tesla.
After owning the Model Y for 4 months, I switched from dual to tri for the extra range.

My request number did not change and presumably my place in line is the same. There was certainly no warning that changing configuration would change shipping date.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
When the configurator opens, Tesla will ask you if you want to upgrade.

It's not really ready to do that yet. But you can!

-Crissa
I have other plans for 20k but my brain jumped ship and is trying to bribe me with endorphins. I still think I will end up with 2 motors in the end. I am not into bragging rights, I just want my mobile office.

javqui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wild & adventurous Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
R&D Embedded Technology - Robotics - UAV - Medical devices
Country flag
I return back this forum just to find answers to the same question.
Sad that I didn't make two reservations the same day. I want to upgrade to 3 motors from 2 and for extended range and towing.
Hope the modification will not change my position.

OP
OP
TerryMack

TerryMack

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You can change your trim package from 2 to 3. There is some debate on whether your place in line is kept. Another approach is wait until they contact you and you can switch then. Don‘t know if it will cause a delay.

If you have a 2 on order and for some reason a 3 dropped through the deal, would Tesla contact a 2 reservation to offer an upgrade or would they contact the next 3 motor reservation number?

Great idea!!

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After owning the Model Y for 4 months, I switched from dual to tri for the extra range.

My request number did not change and presumably my place in line is the same. There was certainly no warning that changing configuration would change shipping date.
my wife has a 2019 model 3 and we have been considering the Model Y for her....the thing that is holding us back somewhat is the range.....its not that much bigger than the 3 but a big difference in range
Sponsored