Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
I didn't see the part in the literature that tells the dealerships how much sand to mix into the vaseline for customers during the delivery-day price markup session.

Also, nary a hit of mileage or charge times in allll of those pages. Uhh ohhhhhh. . .

F150 Dealership Ordering "Playbook" PDF file

Last edited:
OP
OP
ModelAZ

ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
Not all dealers are doing the markup, but keep in mind that there will be many options with the various trim levels. I would not expect people to pay just the "Starting At" price for their trim. You truly start at the "Starting Price" and add the features you want (Upgraded tow system, upgraded sound system, power running boards/tailgate, extended range, etc.).

I would not be surprised if the real price with options is $10k more than the listed Starting Price. And then if you are unlucky enough to have a dealer that adds an additional markup, then have fun with that.

Edit - I just took a peek at my window sticker for my F150 Platinum and my total options were $9,900. A good chunk of that was upgrading to the hybrid which obviously would not apply to the Lightning, but the twin moonroof, generator, BlueCruise, max tow package and offroad package will still add up to $5k+

Last edited:

nomadmusk

First Name
Droxx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic to Cybertruck
Occupation
2nd infantry of Tesla's Quality Division
Country flag
As long as they didn't waste space on a "show useless email" button it's a winner in my book.

Man, I feel like the only one that is hella confused when looking at all the options available. I wonder what the production ranges will be unloaded.

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
That's still no more information than we had before, and nothing that indicates it's newer.

-Crissa
I'm sure its old news now, but the build-and-price on ford.com went live this morning, so those are official MSRP prices.

Being in Michigan, coming from a family where literally everyone (except me now) works for one of the big 3, and having done my years at a Big 3 myself, this info leaks way ahead of official pubs all the time and typically out of the white collar ranks from HQs, mostly because the OEMs use suppliers for EVERYTHING (including building out that build-and-price tool). I used to work for a supplier for an OEM that was partly responsible for those web experiences and I'd see embargo'd photos, prices, specs, and anything whathaveyou months ahead of time because we had to turn that info into public material, dealer materials, queue it for dealer notification, etc. That can often involve that work being handed to dozens of underpaid staffers working for subcontractors-of-subcontractors who are happy to brag about how they have tech specs or pricing 2 months ahead of reveal.

The Big 3's incessent need to part everything out to suppliers, including their own pricing strategies (yes, pricing is partly farmed out to a couple of econ/stat shops including one my cousin works for), means they leak like seives.

At this point I think the only people who work for the actual OEMs whose main job isn't just interfacing with suppliers are their legal departments and finance/control teams.And in GM's case, their back-end IT teams.

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Welp, I’m out on Lightning. One could excuse the range limitations, but $79,000+ For my “spec”, 74k for a base XLT when you add the “large pack” ???… the gasoline equivalent can be spec’d brand new in the 47k-50k range, for that sort of money I see A LOT of reservation cancellations in the future for Ford.
P.S. Rivians pricing was pie in the sky when announced, but now look like bargain buys… amazing what a couple years can change.
Sponsored