2022 F150 Lightning Pricing Revealed / Leaked ⚡️

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
Welp, I’m out on Lightning. One could excuse the range limitations, but $79,000+ For my “spec”, 74k for a base XLT when you add the “large pack” ???… the gasoline equivalent can be spec’d brand new in the 47k-50k range, for that sort of money I see A LOT of reservation cancellations in the future for Ford.
P.S. Rivians pricing was pie in the sky when announced, but now look like bargain buys… amazing what a couple years can change.
Yep, the 300 range limit is a deal breaker and the pricing is just astronomical. I want an EV truck, but I will not be a Lightning early adopter.
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Welp, I’m out on Lightning. One could excuse the range limitations, but $79,000+ For my “spec”, 74k for a base XLT when you add the “large pack” ???… the gasoline equivalent can be spec’d brand new in the 47k-50k range, for that sort of money I see A LOT of reservation cancellations in the future for Ford.
P.S. Rivians pricing was pie in the sky when announced, but now look like bargain buys… amazing what a couple years can change.
So you were able to configure a Lightning? And when you configured an XLT which is listed with $52,974 MSRP (which is their 2nd lowest model). Ford put it all together and came up with a price of $79,000?
That doesn't sound good at all!!!
BTW, towing & payload with the Lightning doesn't look too appealing either. When I looked at the PDF file they had this for estimations of towing & payload.

Tesla Cybertruck 2022 F150 Lightning Pricing Revealed / Leaked ⚡️ lightningcapabilities

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Yeah.. way to much money. only people buying this will be the ones to stubborn to buy a Tesla CT when its released.

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
So you were able to configure a Lightning? And when you configured an XLT which is listed with $52,974 MSRP (which is their 2nd lowest model). Ford put it all together and came up with a price of $79,000?
BTW, towing & payload with the Lightning doesn't look too appealing either. When I looked at the PDF file they had this for estimations of towing & payload.

lightningcapabilities.jpg
The configurator adds 10k for the “large pack” Lariat, and $19,500(!!!!!!) when you add the large pack to the XLT Trim because it forces you to add another package to unlock the large pack. That’s not including other options like Bedliner, tonneau cover, co-pilot 360 etc.

I can do the build and price on Ford.com, but might be because I’m a reservation holder.

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag

lightningcapabilities.jpg
Tesla Cybertruck 2022 F150 Lightning Pricing Revealed / Leaked ⚡️ AFFBBF37-BC63-42FC-8DBD-0FED1033276C

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
The configurator adds 10k for the “large pack” Lariat, and $19,500(!!!!!!) when you add the large pack to the XLT Trim because it forces you to add another package to unlock the large pack. That’s not including other options like Bedliner, tonneau cover, co-pilot 360 etc.

I can do the build and price on Ford.com, but might be because I’m a reservation holder.
Here’s the Lariat large pack with only a bedliner added…

Tesla Cybertruck 2022 F150 Lightning Pricing Revealed / Leaked ⚡️ FA902810-B57D-4B51-8497-A8A07C3C3FDE

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
I'm seeing:
55k plus dealer markup for a Lightning XLT with 230mi range.
74k plus dealer markup for a Lightning XLT with 300mi range.

And Ford stock rose 11% today....

Wow.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Assuming you can get the pro with 230miles, it says another $2k to get the 360 cameras.

Does it even have adaptive cruise control? I swear, these add-ons are more expensive than the same ones on my nine year old Mazda.

-Crissa

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Boring. Get what you want, not what people tell you to get, but I think all pickups are a real snore compared to Cybertruck.

Last edited:

myrickma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck
Country flag
So cheapest version worth getting (IMO), Pro with 9.6 system : 43000 - 7500 = 35,500
Cheapest version with features closest to what we know so far with DM CT: 74000 -7500 = 66,500

Honestly, the Pro with 9.6 looks like a good truck, and 35,500* is a great price IMO.
However, when you consider a DM CT w/ FSD (What I PO'd) was 60k, there is just no comparison.

Ford will sell a ton of Pros w/ 9.6 kw I think, that will be where it will shine until TSLA gets through its insane orders and starts lowering the price.

All speculation of course until we know more (crossing fingers earnings call!) but I don't expect TSLA to have a 43k version of CT for a while now that they've canned SM CT. I hope I'm wrong.

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
So cheapest version worth getting (IMO), Pro with 9.6 system : 43000 - 7500 = 35,500
Cheapest version with features closest to what we know so far with DM CT: 74000 -7500 = 66,500

Honestly, the Pro with 9.6 looks like a good truck, and 35,500* is a great price IMO.
However, when you consider a DM CT w/ FSD (What I PO'd) was 60k, there is just no comparison.

Ford will sell a ton of Pros w/ 9.6 kw I think, that will be where it will shine until TSLA gets through its insane orders and starts lowering the price.

All speculation of course until we know more (crossing fingers earnings call!) but I don't expect TSLA to have a 43k version of CT for a while now that they've canned SM CT. I hope I'm wrong.
I don't think the core truck crowd will settle for 230mi range, especially considering its likely never going to see this range real-world. The chatter in the Lightning FB groups and forums is always bad, but the response over there to this way worse than usual.

ZARDOZ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So effectively under 200 miles. Would you buy an ICE f150 with a 7 gallon tank?
Sponsored