Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
From a reliable source I was told Tesla will limit the range on the non performance. But you can upgrade later to the extended range if you want to keep the costs as low as possible all while limiting sku count.
Basically what I said! Woo!
Sponsored

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I am more than disappointed to determine that the cargo bed is actually smaller than a 2012 Toyota Tacoma. How could this truck be so long and yet so disappointing?
Too many primadonnas on here begging for it to fit in their garages. Ruined the bed dimensions for the rest of us.

Tiberius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Chief cook and bottlewasher
Country flag
Too many primadonnas on here begging for it to fit in their garages. Ruined the bed dimensions for the rest of us.
I'm just glad that it fits (just), that's where my charger is installed.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Tow rating: 11,000lbs

MISS??? Or is that number just for the dual motor?

"The Tesla Cybertruck is expected to offer very good towing capabilities. The manufacturer did not reveal the final production specs yet, saying only that the towing capability will exceed 14,000 pounds."

"While the single- and dual-motor Teslas have a maximum tow rating of 7500 and 10,000 pounds, respectively, models with a third motor will be able to pull a whopping 14,000 pounds."
I will be happy with 11,000lbs. My current vehicle (Ford Lightning) is rated for 10,000lbs.

Contractors? I really don't think a vast majority of buyers will be contractors initially. I think of the first 2 years of production, a large number of buyers will be "adventure" buyers. Just a guess though.

If I was a contractor, I would probably buy a 250/350 Ram, Ford or GMC now, and then come back in 3 years and see what the specs are then.

WenssCT88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
As I’ve had time to ponder it, we’re all in agreement TFL is silly and it doesn’t say 2kWh, but I also don’t think it says “12kWh” - that would be an odd label, on its own

I’m instead convinced it is labeling the outlets for consumer use

So “120V” up top

and “120V/240V” on bottom
I can’t make it out, but if anything, 12kW would make the most sense as that is the rated output of a 14-50 outlet. (240V x 50A = 12kW)

GuyV

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
From a reliable source I was told Tesla will limit the range on the non performance. But you can upgrade later to the extended range if you want to keep the costs as low as possible all while limiting sku count.
Would that be like a gimmick to get a SKU under $80k?

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
If these specs are right, CT basically sacrificed a lot of the front (frunk) space for more passenger and bed space. Personally not sure if the trade off is worth it
I can't wait to be able to finalize my order for the CyberTruck but.....

I currently have a Ford Lightning and I use the Frunk all the time. I never realized I would, but it gobbles up all kinds of things from coolers, to boat things, to big boxes, to multiple grocery bags, golf bags, etc.

Because of its low lift over, and the power hood, it is quick and convenient to walk up to the truck, slide things in, push the button and jump in and drive off.

I will miss that as I drive the CyberTruck down the road to get it wrapped.....

bfayer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent, Mustang GT, Toyota Prius
Country flag
I suspect it had more to do with exportability. The profit potential for the CT goes way beyond the North American market.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Unneeded for the vast majority of CT owners true. If there is anything I've learned from this forum. Most people will rarely if ever used their truck bed. This is really just a lifestyle/fashion statement for most. Me included, except that my lifestyle needs a longer bed and uses the bed. I'm in the minority. By the time my number gets called, I'll be thinking hard on the choice between this and the Silverado EV. Mainly based on price and how either of them perform after many years of early adopter users.

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
Chevy 10.2 kW & Ford 9.6 kW -- "The Silverado EV offers up to 10.2 kilowatts of energy, a skosh more than the Ford's 9.6 kilowatts."
SO .... I can just take that big 220v dryer outlet there and with the right cable, plug it into the Cybertruck charging port and drive FOREVER ...

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Pretty disappointed with the 72.8” bed length.
Wish the power outlets were higher capacity along with outlets in the frunk.
If this is accurate, could have bought a Lightning with similar to better specs.

Rick
Eh, a 6 foot bed with crew cab configuration is about as good as it gets these days.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
I'm a little disappointed by the bed length, but I think we've known this for a while now. Also a little disappointed by the rear seat width that I use as a bed for quick trip bow (1 or 2 nights) hunting ventures. But IF they deliver on price and range, I can live with everything posted in this "leak".