Tacoma and pre-ordered a cybertruck dual motor
Occupation
Retired Psychiatric Social Worker
Country flag
2024 Tesla Cybertruck Specs Sheet Dimensions Length Width weight.jpg

01c2dd81-e9bc-43f0-8db1-924f20608868-jpeg.jpg

EDIT TO ADD:

Have bolted up a compare (in heat map) of interior dimensions:

As suspected (by some) for a while, interior dimensions come in nearest to a Chevy Avalanche, but with width at hips (determining seat width) being comparable to a Toyota Tacoma - which explains the lack of 6th seat, but also portends a rather narrow rear seat that is "5 passengers" in name along the lines of a Tacoma (though CT's better shoulder width will help a touch).

View attachment 28392

Next is a heat map that essentially demonstrates the design thesis of the Cybertruck:

• *nearly* full-sized BEV truck cargo area,
  • *nearly* mid-sized footprint/agility (but an ~F150 wheelbase, mitigated by 4WS)
  • somewhat *better* than mid-sized interior volume, at least in terms of rear seat legroom, but basically mid-sized seat width

View attachment 28395
I am more than disappointed to determine that the cargo bed is actually smaller than a 2012 Toyota Tacoma. How could this truck be so long and yet so disappointing?
Sponsored

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Tow rating: 11,000lbs

MISS??? Or is that number just for the dual motor?

"The Tesla Cybertruck is expected to offer very good towing capabilities. The manufacturer did not reveal the final production specs yet, saying only that the towing capability will exceed 14,000 pounds."

"While the single- and dual-motor Teslas have a maximum tow rating of 7500 and 10,000 pounds, respectively, models with a third motor will be able to pull a whopping 14,000 pounds."

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Pretty disappointed with the 72.8” bed length.
remember also that’s only at the bed floor, unlike a traditional bed. The rear bulkhead slants backwards, probably another 6”, making the CT bed length ALL lengths between 72.8” and 66.8” 🤣 - where eg an F150 bed is 67.1” top to bottom

remember also that the CT’s 51” width is for the entire length of the bed, unlike a traditional bed. Whereas an F150 is 51” only between wheel wells, with the rest of the bed is 65” wide.

all-in-all, the CT “6 foot” bed volume will be functionally identical to an F150 short bed. The magic is that the CT does this in a truck that is 8” shorter than an F150, without sacrificing too much interior room.

at this point, someone may say “but the tonneau / sloping sails” - which is true, tonneau closed will make the CT nominally larger in volume than an F150 with a tonneau - maybe ~5ft3 more (give to CT for extra height up front, take from CT for 51” width throughout, etc).

That’s fair.

But one might counter that if someone wants more lockable storage volume in an F150, that@/ what toppers are for. Would make the F150 bed FAR larger in volume.

Remaining difference is that a topper can’t be auto-retracted to provide “open air” cargo overhead clearance.

But still, sails, tonneau, topper, this to me all arrives at the same conclusion as above: depending on a persons specific use case, one or the other bed design may be better or worse, while on average the CT and F150 short beds provide nearly identical functionality and volume options, all things considered.

FirstTimeTeslaOwner

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 Diesel, 2020 Model X, 2023 Model Y, CT ordered
Occupation
System Engineer
Country flag

EDIT TO ADD:

As suspected (by some) for a while, interior dimensions come in nearest to a Chevy Avalanche, but with width at hips (determining seat width) being comparable to a Toyota Tacoma - which explains the lack of 6th seat, but also portends a rather narrow rear seat that is "5 passengers" in name along the lines of a Tacoma (though CT's better shoulder width will help a touch).

View attachment 28392

Next is a heat map that essentially demonstrates the design thesis of the Cybertruck:

• *nearly* mid-sized footprint/agility (but an ~F150 wheelbase, mitigated by 4WS)
  • somewhat *better* than mid-sized interior volume, at least in terms of rear seat legroom, but basically mid-sized seat width

View attachment 28395

EDIT TO ADD:

View attachment 28392

View attachment 28395
I was hoping for greater (14k) towing

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
From a reliable source I was told Tesla will limit the range on the non performance. But you can upgrade later to the extended range if you want to keep the costs as low as possible all while limiting sku count.
your reliable source is, I’m sad to say, unreliable

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Tow rating: 11,000lbs

MISS??? Or is that number just for the dual motor?

"The Tesla Cybertruck is expected to offer very good towing capabilities. The manufacturer did not reveal the final production specs yet, saying only that the towing capability will exceed 14,000 pounds."
it’s 11klb both / notice they break out stars of distinction between the two variants

notice also that nothing about the performance model results in any reason to have a different towing rating (covered well in other threads here)

the copy you quote is from 2019 - in a lane far, far, away

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
I really enjoy my Lightning. Towing the boat. Been great. Tailgates have been great (several crockpots / fryers going in the frunk works well). The frunk gets used all the time.

PS. Trying to tow the 7500lb boat/trailer with the Model Y wasn’t going to work. 8000 miles so far and the Lightning has been flawless. It will hold me until Tesla delivers my CT (when?!)
Good luck is on your side. Hooe it holds up till then.👍

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Glad a spare wheel/tire is included. It's big, and I wonder where it's stored.
I think a spare will be an option

And i know it will stored laying in the bed. There’s no other spot.

Only place I can see it going without losing bed space is in the bed compartment. Same as a Ridgeline, tucked under the front half of the bed.
following-up on my comment earlier:

think of it this way:

the Rivian bed compartment, that holds a 34” spare (1” smaller than CT), is 7.1ft3

that’s the size of the CT’s Frunk volume

the CT’s bed storage compartment is surely 1/2 that size

a full sized spare won’t fit there, or anywhere else, other than laying in the bed
Sponsored