TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Jason Cammissa's video is great. Not even done yet. First time I ever watched a video made by him. It's making me want the Cyber Beast more now. I was unsure last night.
Very high quality production.

ziggy

First Name
zig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla3
Country flag
Can't tell if its a slip or typo, but in MKBD's vid, he lists the single motor as 123KWH battery AND 250 mi range!? What? Does this slip mean that the battery is going to be software locked on the single motor? That truck's probably never coming out anyway, but crazy.

IJNYamato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Horse & Buggy
Can't tell if its a slip or typo, but in MKBD's vid, he lists the single motor as 123KWH battery AND 250 mi range!? What? Does this slip mean that the battery is going to be software locked on the single motor? That truck's probably never coming out anyway, but crazy.
not software locked. It’ll be depopulated.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Enjoy the first drive and deep dive reviews of the production Cybertruck. This list will continue being updated as the reviews are published, so check back often.

ARTICLES

Top Gear

VIDEOS

A few years ago in 2019, l described the CT as 'The Stainless Steel Swiss Army Knife Of Transport'.....it's come to fruition.

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
Starting to work my way through these videos now, but are there any AWD (Non Beast Mode) reviews out? That's the one my billfold most agrees with now.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
The Top Gear review was great. Loved Lars’s discussion, he seems so proud.

They confirmed the Range Extender to be 50kWh, meaning max battery is 173kWh. That’s right where I expected a 500 mile version to come in.
Did you expect it to come in alongside an effective 3.5’ bed, and a cram down of the payload to say 1.800-2,000lbs, and an additional $16K?

I’m all for extolling the interesting virtues of the range extender, and how for some it will be a viable and interesting option.

But seems disingenuous to color this as though it arrives at 500mi in ANY way you ever contemplated or find all-in a net positive.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Did you expect it to come in alongside an effective 3.5’ bed, and a cram down of the payload to say 1.800-2,000lbs, and an additional $16K?

I’m all for extolling the interesting virtues of the range extender, and how for some it will be a viable and interesting option.

But seems disingenuous to color this as though it arrives at 500mi in ANY way you ever contemplated or find all-in a net positive.
I didn't color anything. You fill a lot of blank screen space with your own emotion.

I said I had previously felt it would take around 175kWh to get to 500 miles of range based on what we sorta knew about the vehicle. And that's about right, with what was released. No positive or negative.

As far as my personal feelings on the solution, I'm mostly just glad it's offered. It's cumbersome, I need more details. In my use case, I mostly just need some extra range for winter. I will seldom fully use the bed. I will especially rarely fully use it in winter. I can see a case where I put my winter tires on and hook up the extended pack, and take it out when I take off my studs.

Dazureus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Model Y, '24 Cyberbeast
Occupation
Software Engineer - Steering Systems
Country flag
Wow, no rear view mirror. That's new. Gear selector where the rear view mirror is!
Yeah, I was hoping for the rear view mirror screen as we saw in the earlier prototypes, but seeing the latest implementation of the constant rear camera view on the screen, I'm okay with it. The larger screen will help with the viewing size and will help to minimize the lost screen real estate in the driving UI. I'm still hoping there's a wide screen view when in reverse so we can see cross traffic when backing out of a parking spot.

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
Wow, no rear view mirror. That's new. Gear selector where the rear view mirror is!
I know the gears can be changed on the screen but that placement on the roof is bananas. I was disappointed by a few things yesterday, but I'm getting excited again by little things like this.
Sponsored