Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Whenever I see one I ask out loud if the owner hates money.
Sponsored

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
From my perspective they are all following Elon Musk, no exceptions.
Totally agree, 100%. I find it laughable that Tavares actually said that they are tweaking their EV design monthly based in what the competition is doing. It must be humbling for him to watch Teslas trounce their best products at the dragstrip. Take notes Tavares, pay attention and take notes.

Of the "Big 3" I give credit to Ford for moving quickly to announce and produce the Lightning. Of course, they got a direct challenge and a wakeup call from Tesla with the CT dragging an ICE F150 uphill.

Now, GM/gm is in a delusional state when they talk about "leading the industry" in any aspect of the EV space. Totally hilarious.

Last edited:

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
All of these companies, be they OEM or Startup, who are promising an EV that they aren't currently making, need to stop saying "Worth waiting for". You've all cried wolf WAY too many times to get us to "wait". We're not going to wait. We're going to buy the product that meets our needs, when we need them. If you think your "available in 20XX" is true, you'll need to convince us that it'll be worth swapping to in 20XX. We'll have a Rivian, or CyberTruck, or E*F-150 until your's arrive. I'm not going to wait until 2024 then wait again until 2026 because you had a delay, then wait until 2028 because you didn't line up a battery supply.

Give up that marketing ploy. It ain't working any more.
Well said.

Time to call out all the companies that are over promising and under delivering. Don't tell us your EV will be out "Soon".

I think consumers and buyers are going to start feeling like you. "I will believe it when I see it in my driveway". Meanwhile, I am buying this 2022 truck. They are in stock. Peace.

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
RAM is often the most innovative of the bunch (Tesla excluded). I'm excited to see the offerings, but as with other OEM's, I doubt they'll be able to execute on volume production.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
RAM is often the most innovative of the bunch (Tesla excluded). I'm excited to see the offerings, but as with other OEM's, I doubt they'll be able to execute on volume production.
Competition is always a good thing as Elon has encouraged it in the EV space.

RAM has a good chance of being competitive with Ford and GM EV trucks. But I see Tesla as the best overall for years to come.

Only time will tell though, too many variables at play.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
My biggest complaint about my '99 Ram was that it chewed through brakes like crazy.
(I also heard that they had used undersized brakes for those model years)

With regen on an EV, maybe it won't be so bad.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I've already 'waited' over 30 years to GET OUT OF the money hemoraghing legacy auto Stealerships and helping them pay the Billions to corrupt media advertising each time I would buy a legacy car. So I avoided them the best I could even then, by purchasing cheaper used, or keeping cars as long as possible. Tesla has been a breath of fresh (and healthy) air for a lot of us, both financially and environmentally.

For them (any legacy auto company), it doesn't matter if they go EV or not, because they are still trying to use the old corrupt business model to do it (which is why they haven't already done it by now in the first place...). It's taking them longer to transition to EVs because they want to do it while still trying to figure out how they can continue skimming extra money from your pockets like they've been doing for decades. This is inherently difficult for them because EVs are low maintenance and that gives them less motivation to do it in the first place - hence the low production volume numbers they've actually started at even though they're quick to pay millions and billions for flashy advertising. That advertising is not meant to draw you to buy their EVs (because they aren't even committed to producing them yet at scale), as much as it's also meant to make you hesitate to buy a Tesla so they can have a little more time to get their act (scam) together.

Two things you always pay for when buying from legacy auto companies - an expensive media advertising budget which has no value added (actually value subtracted) to the car - and extra margins and overhead expenses for the large distribution stealerships. Your legacy car purchase price pays for this leaving less substance in the car delivered to you, regardless if it is EV or not.

Style Renderings and technical specs always look nice and I do like what they're 'presenting - but as we know 'talk is cheap'.

Now - if they truly were committed more to their customers and would actually show it by dropping all media advertising, unionized labor, and sell these EV offerings Direct to Customers - then my eyebrows might be raised a little and then I'd be interested in examining what they might do with a (clean) business model like Tesla.

But I'm not holding my breath for this to ever happen, as I think big auto is far too corruptly entangled for such a change. I would certainly like to be wrong on that point...

Another thing - after their exposed history and track record, no legacy auto company deserves to be bailed out by taxpayers ever again period. Just sayin'

- ÆCIII

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Nothing really to talk about here.

Some European company *might* release a electric truck in 2 years… And the CEO swears it’ll be the best truck since the invention of trucks.

Without some kind of notably good battery tech, they are going to produce something with crap range (Ford) or crap cargo capacity (GM/ Rivian).

Stellantis has some EVs in Europe, no clue how good they are, but none have 200 kWh batteries.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Freightliner is already sending out samples, Arrival is already delivering, Nissan had been selling ENV-200s...

The options are out there, there just aren't enough of them being made yet.

-Crissa

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
The company I work for has hundreds and hundreds of full size pickups in its fleet. it includes Chevy, Ford and Dodge. I am good friends with the fleet manager and he wouldn’t touch a Dodge with a ten foot pole. CONSTANT problems with the brand after the factory warranty expires.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
The company I work for has hundreds and hundreds of full size pickups in its fleet. it includes Chevy, Ford and Dodge. I am good friends with the fleet manager and he wouldn’t touch a Dodge with a ten foot pole. CONSTANT problems with the brand after the factory warranty expires.
Can you tell us estimate of how many of those hundreds of trucks are RWD vs 4wD?

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Chinese e-trucks will be running around long before RAM will even manage a prototype let along a mass produced e-truck.
Sponsored