O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The last time I drove through Arizona, I was pulled over by an officer blocking the entire freeway in a construction zone. It was Sunday, there weren't cars for miles. I literally had to stop for him like a human stop sign.

He wrote me a speeding ticket - even though there was no way I was speeding - right there.

I don't think they really know what the heck they're talking about.

-Crissa

As an aside, I actually went to University in Arizona. And went to traffic school there to make up a speeding ticket back then, too. I tried to do that this time, and they were going to let me, but school in California was privatized by the Republicans and was more trouble than paying the ticket.
why didn't you just let it go by saying it was privatized instead of throwing in the Republican.......I remember you chastised me once for making reference to "Dems".....just curious if it goes both ways......:)
Sponsored

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Motorcycle licenses are based upon engine output now, in kW. https://www.autoevolution.com/news/motorcycle-licensing-in-europe-explained-90006.html

(I don't know why they mention horsepower, since it's not really a direct comparison.)

-Crissa
when I got my motorcycle license it was based on 750cc and over.......I had to take the written test and motorcycle test ......the I practiced at DMV for a week to drive around the circle......I was right brained.....could go left but not right.....took the driving test and did ok....tester asked to to park, the about the time I shut off bike told me to go over somewhere else......looked over both shoulder before going back and he stopped me in 2 feet......wanted to see of I would look back.....

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
why didn't you just let it go by saying it was privatized instead of throwing in the Republican.......I remember you chastised me once for making reference to "Dems".....just curious if it goes both ways......:)
They really did do it! The state was very Republican for awhile. Reagan, Nixon were Californians. But this was from the 80s and 90s when they went kinda nuts, decreeing all sorts of experiments and enshrining that all services that could be privatized would be. But they didn't make sure whether the systems worked... Just that profit was being made.

Now, that's a disagreement I'm willing to have with a Republican. It's a different way of doing things, different priorities, and in some cases, it hasn't worked out. In others, well... I don't know them.

But it's better than arguing about what are facts or people's right to exist or have a right not to be abused.

-Crissa

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They really did do it! The state was very Republican for awhile. Reagan, Nixon were Californians. But this was from the 80s and 90s when they went kinda nuts, decreeing all sorts of experiments and enshrining that all services that could be privatized would be. But they didn't make sure whether the systems worked... Just that profit was being made.

Now, that's a disagreement I'm willing to have with a Republican. It's a different way of doing things, different priorities, and in some cases, it hasn't worked out. In others, well... I don't know them.

But it's better than arguing about what are facts or people's right to exist or have a right not to be abused.

-Crissa
thats what makes this country great....people who can agree to disagree and still be civil.....it seems we have lost a lot in our lifetime that many lives were lost to preserve......and people who fail to see or understand just the basics of right and wrong....I just wish we could get back some of the patriotism we had during the late 30's and 40's

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Agreed, Patriotism can be a great thing. The pride that our country is doing the right thing and being the fair, rule of law country that gives equal opportunity to all is hard to find these days.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Agreed, Patriotism can be a great thing. The pride that our country is doing the right thing and being the fair, rule of law country that gives equal opportunity to all is hard to find these days.
agree....look what's happening now......doesn't seem fair and equal
Sponsored