OP
OP
Alpine

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agreed. What percent of the waiting list do you think have canceled? I have seen a few posters here state that they are moving on and read a couple of articles from late '21 about order cancelations due to bitcoin issue. I'm 3/4 back in line and trying to guage what the actual ordering will look like.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The only way I see large numbers of people abandoning their Cybertruck orders is if it is unappealing or very expensive at launch.

Even if you buy a Rivian or a Lightning in the mean time, I think most will hang onto that potential Cybertruck. $100 is a cheap option.

Have you heard about people actually getting a refund on their pre-order?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
It says the CT is available globally, too.

Something tells me that page is a lost city no one ever updates.
Well, they have their videos in Chinese, and pricing in Canadian, so that's at least three countries.

The Model 3 had over 75% of its reservations convert to sales. Some switched to buying store stock - abandoned orders or floor models - so it's hard to get an exact number.

-Crissa

OP
OP
Alpine

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have heard of cancelations, yes. If one knows they are going a different direction and not getting the truck, might as well get your 100 bucks back. The instances that I have read about seemed tinged with some dejection. $100 is nothing, I agree, just to wait and see. Personally, I wish it was a $5k refundable deposit to slim down the list for the serious minded.

OP
OP
Alpine

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Im somewhat new to Tesla. Did the model 3 have a 3 year+ wait like CT?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The Roadster, the Model S and the Model X were quite delayed though which is where Tesla got their reputation for being late.

The Model 3 and the Model Y were both about 1 year from announcement to start of delivery. Then it took about a year to work through their order list. They sort of lulled us into a sense that Tesla had their timelines in order.

Cybertruck is like the perfect storm of delays. It was announced very early. Had a HUGE pre-order. COVID hit, there were delays in the battery platform, supply chain delays, plus a massive pre-order list which will take at least a couple years to work through **after** production starts.

Hopefully once production starts they will kick ass on production.

Toonces

First Name
Meow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model Y
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Country flag
Yes, and with really bad early reviews and hiccups. But they persevered…Ogor is exactly right…$100 is cheap insurance for a awesome truck!

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Agreed. What percent of the waiting list do you think have canceled? I have seen a few posters here state that they are moving on and read a couple of articles from late '21 about order cancelations due to bitcoin issue. I'm 3/4 back in line and trying to guage what the actual ordering will look like.
Cancel up to pesent? ~1.5%
Cancel at trimout? ~11%
Delay order? ~9%
Latent demand surge book rate? ~90k/mo
XTRAS taken over and above MSRP? +$6500/order

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Without knowing what the final specs (and pricing) look like, I think it’s impossible to predict the actual take rate.
Not true! Watch:

I do not know what the final specs or pricing will be, however, I predict 69% of all reservations will become orders.

If there's one thing I've learned from this club, you don't need any information to make a prediction.

:)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Not true! Watch:

I do not know what the final specs or pricing will be, however, I predict 69% of all reservations will become orders.

If there's one thing I've learned from this club, you don't need any information to make a prediction.

:)
I should have predicted this.

JollyRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, Mini-Cooper S Cab
Country flag
It says the CT is available globally, too.
Elon took my $100 deposit. Tesla better send some ships with cybertrucks to Europe or start making them in Berlin.
F150 and RAM are available here - no need to speculate if pickups are legal in Europe.
Sponsored