Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Not true! Watch:

I do not know what the final specs or pricing will be, however, I predict 69% of all reservations will become orders.

If there's one thing I've learned from this club, you don't need any information to make a prediction.

:)
This is Tesla so you can count on there being a 69 in the numbers one way or another. But on the other hand, it might just be that out of the >1M orders, 42,069 of them end up canceling. Because you know, Elon. Or will it be 69,420?
Sponsored

Tenksen

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Elon took my $100 deposit. Tesla better send some ships with cybertrucks to Europe or start making them in Berlin.
F150 and RAM are available here - no need to speculate if pickups are legal in Europe.
Really bugs me when people start talking about a modified truck for Europe, pickups are everywhere here ?

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Some good news for Australians this week, Ford announced they will be selling ta RHD version of the F150 here direct. Previously you had to get those imported and converted by specialty dealers. This will help normalise large trucks here and pave the way for CT.

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
My wife is Australian and HATES America (rofl but loves me so here she is), but in the event we ever need to leave, can a CT be modified by such a dealer?

OP
OP
Alpine

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My thought on this and given previous model rollouts is CT is still in a unique situation. It will be 4 years minimum to get the first production unit made (from reveal). Then, how long to complete the reservation line. 3 years, perhaps? A lot happens in life in that long a span. You could die, lose your health, financial change where you can't afford it or make so much more money this truck is no longer a consideration. Or maybe a change of mind or got something else you like better. Im not discounting that new buyers will not jump in line, but out of the 1.3m reservation the say exits, it wouldn't surprise me for 30-40% to drop off. I just cant see most people waiting 5-6 years

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think time and pricing will be the key determining factor for drop-outs

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
And we still pay into social security but I am not betting on that being available when I retire.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
And we still pay into social security but I am not betting on that being available when I retire.
I'm lucky and old enough that I think it will last for me...not sure I will last for the CT though.......birthday morning up in may

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Amazing. At one point, I read the $39,000 price had disappeared from the Tesla site. It's really encouraging to see it's still there in March 2022. Woo-hooo!

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My wife is Australian and HATES America (rofl but loves me so here she is), but in the event we ever need to leave, can a CT be modified by such a dealer?
No, we can't modify

We just drive them in reverse.

:p:p:p:p

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
My thought on this and given previous model rollouts is CT is still in a unique situation. It will be 4 years minimum to get the first production unit made (from reveal). Then, how long to complete the reservation line. 3 years, perhaps? A lot happens in life in that long a span. You could die, lose your health, financial change where you can't afford it or make so much more money this truck is no longer a consideration. Or maybe a change of mind or got something else you like better. Im not discounting that new buyers will not jump in line, but out of the 1.3m reservation the say exits, it wouldn't surprise me for 30-40% to drop off. I just cant see most people waiting 5-6 years

EDIT: I had a longer reply but was overly not picky

Alpines comment is likely accurate on timing, unless launch happens on Jan 1st next year most of us will be waiting about 5 years.

A few early orders will be a bit faster as will the most recent.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
21 November is .25 of a year from February 20th. The new year is more like 11% of a year from the release date, not 25%.

-Crissa
I stand corrected. Also did a big edit above.

Even if launch is January 1 only a few of us will get ~4 years deliveries but it climbs quickly.

A really quick launch and ramp up to 500k is about the only way to avoid lots of 5+ year waits.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Also, no matter your reservation number: Paying attention to your email, the release dates, and being willing to take whatever options they're shipping will jump you ahead in the queue. They always end up with units they made but don't match orders, had to go back for scratch and dent refurbishment, or were abandoned in the order process, or straight up they were able to make more of one option set than another.

Whenever that will be.

-Crissa

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
https://www.tesla.com/support/cybertruck-ordering-faq

On another note, what percentage of reservations do you think will translate to actual truck orders.
QUESTION: On another note, what percentage of reservations do you think will translate to actual truck orders.

# built:

In 2022. None.
In 2023. None, to 50,000
In 2024. Possibly 250,000
In 2025. Possibly 250,000

% wise? If they ever do build the CT, the first models will be Quad only, so how many Tri-Motors will convert to the Quad? 40-45% is my WAG (Wild *** Guess).

If you ordered a single motor, those may never happen. If you ordered a dual motor, you might have to wait until 2025/26.

If you reservation # is about 500,000, see above, you probably have to wait until 2026....and who knows what the price will be then. Inflation can do a major job on prices over the next 3 years.
Sponsored