Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Not sure if anyone mentioned this. But hopefully any accessories team will reveal trailer v2V charging integration 3rd parties can adopt. Should communicate
  • Brake activation (hopefully regen!)
  • Charge state on trailer.
  • Allow the driver to enable charging from the trailer to the truck
  • Lights, etc.
  • Allow solar on the trailer to charge the truck.
Just having V2V power transfer you could turn on/ off manually would be great, but ideally, a way to kick off regen so that trailer can suck up and charge when you are going downhill.

If they offered battery packs or sleds existing trailer makers could use, I think many would hop on it to save them from having to invest in battery tech.

Alternatively….

Just an expedition trailer. Should be rugged, compliment the Cybertrucks aerodynamic profile as much as possible. Maybe a tiny battery pack 20 kWh with solar. Along with above mentioned integration.

Tesla Cybertruck 48v Battery for Cybertruck! 1678810617054

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
Something I just noticed in this image: Is that the windshield wiper mounted at the center base of the windshield? I guess at one point it was a consideration?

ABEA7F79-C84A-47F9-93E9-4346FE0CD453.jpeg
The wiper was not shown on the original CT. I think the BAW is the result of Franz not including it in the initial design as if "we can figure out those details later". The hood articulation could not easily tilt up in the back to present concealed wipers so they considered many options but first principles + KISS + low cost/reliable + low drag + its a cyberpunk look (I guess).

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
I like like speculating, but I would be that these drawings don't represent every electrical thing in the car, as it would turn into a cluttered mess. Also, the model 3 doesn't seem to have a center screen?

I would bet that these drawings don't represent every electrical thing in the car, as it would turn into a cluttered mess to look at. Also, the model 3 doesn't seem to have a center screen in the drawing, or is it me?
yeah just the 48v system layer is turned on. The advantage of 48v is V x A = watts or power best application for 48v is devices that draw hefty power like electric brakes, suspension pump, drive by wire/4 wheel steering, external winches etc. 48V would also power all the controllers but not shown would be stuff driven by the controllers like LEDs etc.

BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Most of the aftermarket accessories are based on a 12 volt system. Nobody is going to make a 48 volt aftermarket accessories because there is no demand for it.
AHHH.... but that is also what they said about the electric car..... hhhmm, something to ponder here.