Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Quick and easy:
1) Setup E-Trade account online (free)
2) Add checking, savings or credit union account for free transfers to E-Trade account (from your E-Trade account created in step 1)
3) Transfer funds (money) from account added in step 2 to your E-Trade account (done online after signing on to your E-Trade account)
4) Buy Tesla (symbol TSLA) no fees to buy or sell stock
5) If purchased before end of this month, watch stock split 5 shares for every share you bought.
:geek::geek::geek::geek::geek:

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
$1835 is affordable?
Stocks are not for the faint of heart. Research, rec
$1835 is affordable?
Stocks are not for the faint of heart. Research Research Research But if $1835 is too rich for you, consider at the end of the month you will have 5 shares for every share you purchased. That comes to $367 per share. Consider that Musk is expanding world wide and sinking big bucks into TESLA, what does that sound like? AMAZON! If you want a lighter investment look at LAC, they mine lithium in Nevada. And who’s in Nevada? Tesla Giga Nevada (or Gigafactory 1) is a lithium-ion battery and electric vehicle subassembly factory near Reno, Nevada. And what’s coming up in late September? Battery day! Do your research. Start small and have fun. :geek: :oops::)

timjwright2.0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
$1835 is affordable?
No it's not. Use the Robinhood app on your phone. You can then buy small portions of share. Its called fractional shares. You can do it right now without the split. Robinhood just rolled out fraction shares so it may take a while to get this new feature.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Quick and easy:
1) Setup E-Trade account online (free)
2) Add checking, savings or credit union account for free transfers to E-Trade account (from your E-Trade account created in step 1)
3) Transfer funds (money) from account added in step 2 to your E-Trade account (done online after signing on to your E-Trade account)
4) Buy Tesla (symbol TSLA) no fees to buy or sell stock
5) If purchased before end of this month, watch stock split 5 shares for every share you bought.
:geek::geek::geek::geek::geek:
Steps 2 and 3 might take a few days so start now.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
There must be something fundamental I don't understand here. If you offer to sell me eggs at $60 a dozen I will tell you that's way over priced. If you then offer to sell them to me for $5 each that doesn't change my perception of the situation one bit.

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
There must be something fundamental I don't understand here. If you offer to sell me eggs at $60 a dozen I will tell you that's way over priced. If you then offer to sell them to me for $5 each that doesn't change my perception of the situation of the one bit.
That is my understanding, but that perspective only applies to people who are already investing in the stock now. There are many people that aren't buying the stock right now that might buy it after the split, people that might not even know about all of this. They will see the new price of the stock at $375 (or whatever) and maybe buy it. They will not know what the price was the week or month before. At least, that is the way I see it. I must admit to being a stock investment ignoramous though.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
If you have $5 and you want a stock, you can't buy the $60 one. And for most people, if they have the $60 box, they can't sell one egg, 'cause box.

Also, they can't issue options to employees in small dribs and drabs if the share price is so high.

-Crissa

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
The problem is that any ignoramus (and I am sure you are not one) can open an eTrade account and buy as much of it as he wants to throw money at without anyone warning him that it's a bubble, that it's over priced at $375 for one or $1835 for 5 ($1890 at the moment) or reminding him of what happened to millions of middle class Americans under similar circumstances when .com was the tulip bulb de jour.

Fiddling with a few spare $ for fun on these super volatile stocks is fine but I sincerely hope that no one here (or elsewhere) will invest more than he can afford to lose.

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The problem is that any ignoramus (and I am sure you are not one) can open an eTrade account and buy as much of it as he wants to throw money at without anyone warning him that it's a bubble, that it's over priced at $375 for one or $1835 for 5 ($1890 at the moment) or reminding him of what happened to millions of middle class Americans under similar circumstances when .com was the tulip bulb de jour.

Fiddling with a few spare $ for fun on these super volatile stocks is fine but I sincerely hope that no one here (or elsewhere) will invest more than he can afford to lose.
I agree with you, It would indeed be folly to invest one’s life savings in something as unstable (or should I say mercurial) as the U.S. stock market. That said, Tesla is the first company in a long time that I actually believe in, so that is why I put some money into it.

DIYDharma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GL450, Mercedes ML350, Lexus ES330
Country flag
You have to be owning the stock by 8/21 to be eligible for the split on 8/31. So you if you "want in" on the 5 to 1 split, you have to buy it before EOTD tomorrow, 4 PM EST.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterc...la-stock-on-5-for-1-stock-split/#68a0099c24e1

Tesla’s stock split — done to make its stock “more accessible to employees and investors,” according to Reuters — will add four new shares to each share of the stock held by investors. To qualify for the split, investors must own shares in Tesla by August 21st.

It is not the end of the world if you don't get in. Some stocks lose value immediately after a split so you can actually get it at a lower price. Historically, around 80%+ go lower in price after the split. But the sentiment on the street is that Tesla is in the other 20%.
Sponsored