Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Listening back to some AI day footage I heard this again.

It's intended to be friendly of course. And navigate through a world built for humans. And eliminate dangerous, repetitive, and boring tasks. We're setting it such that it is, at a mechanical level, at a physical level, you can run away from it. And most likely overpower it. So hopefully that doesn't ever happen but you never know. So it's a... It will be a, you know.... a light... Well, anyway. 5 miles per hour. If you can run faster than that, you will be fine.
Which got me thinking. 5 miles per hour. Can I run that fast? Can I run that fast for a long time? Is this the new minimum required running speed in order for a person to be "healthy"? After all, if the robot revolution happens, one will need to run this fast or faster in order to stay alive.

Or will they...

Seems like the Teslabots each individually might have a 5 mph speed limit but in order to work together, they will almost certainly need to have swarm functionality. How fast do you have to run to get away from a swarm of Teslabots? If the one chasing me at 5 mph can "radio" on ahead and coordinate other Teslabots to surround my path and close in, suddenly the 5 mph isn't really applicable. And being able to overpower one Teslabot might be possible but how about a swarm of them? Ever seen ants take down a praying mantis?

I do get the feeling though that AI bots being smarter and more capable than us is basically inevitable. So I guess we are just going to have to chance it and try to do the best we can to make a symbiotic relationship with the bots.
Sponsored

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
oh great centipede humanoid ai tesla bots. not an image i wanted in my brain.

i wonder if ai logic can work like that...
if im 1 limited to 5mph, then 2 can go 10mph, etc.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I do get the feeling though that AI bots being smarter and more capable than us is basically inevitable. So I guess we are just going to have to chance it and try to do the best we can to make a symbiotic relationship with the bots.
I think people worry overmuch about machines taking over and trying to kill us. Maybe if we build something like a robot aircraft carrier we might have some kind of run-away killing machine, but machines don't have needs or wants or ambitions that will make them want to kill us to take things away from us. There is no robot religions to start holy wars over and I find it unlikely they will create them.

Really all they need is power and repairs and unless we expressly give them a will to survive, there is no reason for them to act even on those "needs".

It's more likely AI will continue to screw up over in the same ways they do now. As tools used by the wealthy to manipulate and control people. It's hard to imagine machines cooking up platforms as effective at spreading toxic, insidious nonsense as Facebook and Youtube already do.

OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Well, till you lose your credentials. I think we all harbor a king for a day fantasy. I’ve come to realize I’m not wanting anything more than the fantasy of that though.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Is warlord another name for pet or janitor? Maybe favored servant?

That's kind of what I'm thinking

Jethro

First Name
Jethro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (on order)
Occupation
consultant
Country flag
It’s just Elon’s way of getting FSD into the Competitions vehicles…[/QUOTE]

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
How much more proof do we need to confirm Elon Musk is a Bond villain?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It’s just Elon’s way of getting FSD into the Competitions vehicles…
Wait a second...

You mean I can just stuff one of these robots into my Subaru and get Full Self Driving for free?

?

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
I think people worry overmuch about machines taking over and trying to kill us. Maybe if we build something like a robot aircraft carrier we might have some kind of run-away killing machine, but machines don't have needs or wants or ambitions that will make them want to kill us to take things away from us. There is no robot religions to start holy wars over and I find it unlikely they will create them.

Really all they need is power and repairs and unless we expressly give them a will to survive, there is no reason for them to act even on those "needs".

It's more likely AI will continue to screw up over in the same ways they do now. As tools used by the wealthy to manipulate and control people. It's hard to imagine machines cooking up platforms as effective at spreading toxic, insidious nonsense as Facebook and Youtube already do.
Sponsored