Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Has anyone given any thought if the existing 6 Gigaton press can handle the front clip of the CT? I could see the 8 Gigaton ton press being absolutely required for the rear end but I do question if that would be required for the front end? If the 6 Gigaton press can handle the front end, that could be awesome for Tesla and the CT both in cost savings and in speed of manufacturing.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
6+8 = 14, seems legit! :)

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
If you mean the front body panels, it appears it is made to be bent, like on a brake press, along with the rest of the exterior.

OP
OP

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
If you mean the front body panels, it appears it is made to be bent, like on a brake press, along with the rest of the exterior.
No, I am referring to the front structure where the suspension, motors, steering components, etc all mount to and it in turn mounts up to the structural battery pack. In essence, the front end of the skateboard where the body sits on.

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
No, I am referring to the front structure where the suspension, motors, steering components, etc all mount to and it in turn mounts up to the structural battery pack. In essence, the front end of the skateboard where the body sits on.
Gotcha, I guess I would call that the front subframe.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
Since the start time for production of the Cybertruck has been extended out it may well be due to configuring the presses for the front and rear castings we now know will be part of the structure of the CT. Pre orders (depending on who's putting out the numbers) are up to a million five. If the delay cost them ten percent they still have enough orders to keep them producing the first run for a year or more depending on how many they can squeeze out a day/month/year. This just gives me more time to save for my down payment.
Sponsored