OP
Alpine

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Honestly don’t believe this survey one bit
Do you believe that conversion rates will be low?

I personally think it might be right in the range of 1 in 5 to 1 in 3 people going thru with the purchase considering the 80k price

Cybrtrk420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model X, Tesla Model S
Country flag
Do you believe that conversion rates will be low?

I personally think it might be right in the range of 1 in 5 to 1 in 3 people going thru with the purchase considering the 80k price
I honestly believe the conversion rate will be over 50% and waiting period for AWD and Single motor will remain over 6 months even after 2026-2027

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
I honestly believe the conversion rate will be over 50% and waiting period for AWD and Single motor will remain over 6 months even after 2026-2027
I think the Canaccord poll is absolutely meaningless for the pool of reservation holders and clearly makes no prediction at all of their purchase decisions.

I think that a well constructed poll of the members of this forum might provide some indication of future buying decisions of the reservation holders. It would have to be a non-self selected set of respondents from this group to be unbiased, so the forum's polling function is not useful to obtain statistically meaning results. It would have to include questions that determine whether or not the respondent is a reservation holder, of course.

Tesla certainly knows who their reservation holders are and how to contact them. I wonder if Tesla hasn't already commissioned a poll of them and used an analysis of the responses to help inform their pricing decisions.

OP
OP
Alpine

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wtibbit what's your conversion rate estimate considering entry point is 80k til 2025

ninja6r

First Name
Ninja6r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, nissan leaf
Occupation
pass
Country flag
I want what you're smoking, 😂. Just look at sales of new vehicles and price points. Conversation rate will be 20%, if they're extremely lucky. People on this forum live in a bubble. Price is all that matters and at $80k for the same range as a model 3 or Y, the truck is going to be hard to move after the first year or two (yes, not the same market). I suppose in terms of production conversion, Tesla will be at 100%, 😂. Plenty of people to fulfill the first 200k vehicles. It's what happens after all the die-hards have bought it that will matter.

Reactions: Jow

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
With the large 60% price increse, I believe 20% conversion rate on the reservation holders would be good. Remember that $100. deposit brought people out of the woodworks. Had it been $1000. it would have weeded the field very quick.

Personally, i would do the dual. unfortunaly, the truck is too small for me as a plumbing contractor. But for a weekend Ride, I will still consider it. Therefore, my $100 is still in it for the long ride.

Rick

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
Wtibbit what's your conversion rate estimate considering entry point is 80k til 2025
I don't have one, because it would just be a guess. In fact, unless Tesla publishes their data - perhaps as part of a report to shareholders? - we may never know how many of the reservation holders convert their reservations to purchases.

I do think it won't matter too much to Tesla in the first few years of production. The reservation holder pool is so large relative to any reasonable ramp-up and full production rate that they'll be able to sell every truck they build to a reservation holder during that time.

It could matter in the future If Tesla's finance folk waste spend their time and energy generating a Five Year Plan or the equivalent. In that unfortunate case they'll have to account for their experienced conversion rate and extrapolate it into the out-years to generated those fluffy out-year sales forecasts and then, years later, explain why the actuals were different. This is one of the reasons CFOs often only spend a few years (the average is less than 4 years!) in that slot in a company...

awhehackeur

First Name
Whehack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES
Occupation
AS Engineer
Country flag
Yahoo News are the fake news trash to begin with... why bother?

Cybrtrk420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
With the large 60% price increse, I believe 20% conversion rate on the reservation holders would be good. Remember that $100. deposit brought people out of the woodworks. Had it been $1000. it would have weeded the field very quick.

Personally, i would do the dual. unfortunaly, the truck is too small for me as a plumbing contractor. But for a weekend Ride, I will still consider it. Therefore, my $100 is still in it for the long ride.

Rick
For reference, in my office of 12 people 6 has CT reservation and none of them have canceled and majority(4-5 at least) will go through with it. Only two out of 12 are Tesla owners and one more is looking to put down deposit

fhteagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, CT Res x2
Country flag
67% pass rate = 33% of people are some flavor of interested .

Would love to see the same survey for a Mini, or a convertible, or other slightly unusual form factor vehicle. I bet those would all come in at 50+% not interested rate too.

In other words, this isn't really news, but what did you really expect from an ad-run source?

WormtownKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2013 F150
Occupation
Outside Sales
Country flag
So, this is saying 1 out of every 3 people who HAVEN"T RESERVED a CyberTruck plan to buy one?! No matter how many reservation holders cancel, that would mean Tesla will NEVER run out of buyers!

Cybrtrk420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So, this is saying 1 out of every 3 people who HAVEN"T RESERVED a CyberTruck plan to buy one?! No matter how many reservation holders cancel, that would mean Tesla will NEVER run out of buyers!
This is what people dont understand. New interest take = 37% will keep the wait time of 6-12 months for the foreseeable future.
Sponsored