- First Name
- Feb 25, 2020
- Reaction score
- Somewhere hot and humid
- Golf R, Tesla Model 3
- Software Architect
Indeed. I spend too much time debating (I use the term loosely) with people on various platforms about EVs, Tesla etc. The usual roster of concerns, gotchas, biases are:Likewise.
If what I've seen and heard about the 4860 + structural pack is even approximately true, the weight/ power density benefits will be huge.
There is a good chance the tri-motor Cybertruck is going to weigh less than the F150 Lightning with less than half the range. That would be a huge win.
- It takes too long to charge, they'll never compete with gas cars
- Lithium batteries wear out too fast and you have to scrap the car which makes them less environmentally friendly than ICE vehicles
- The CT is vaporware and will never be produced in it's current form
- The range is too short, especially when towing
- Elon Musk is a fraud and will be in jail in two years (seriously)
- If we were serious we would be pursuing Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles
- Tesla vehicles catch on fire a lot
- CR says Tesla FSD is dangerous
- EVs are expensive toys for the rich to virtue signal with