Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Bringing up an old argument...
Screenshot_20221117-112020_Chrome.jpg
not T slots on bed floor 😋
T-Slots with raised filler strips. What do you think, those black strips are glued in place?:p

BTW a CNC machine does that kind of work.

Edit: all in fun KrodEKid. Also, I am SOOO going to the Petersen!!!!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
MKBHD has a video from the Peterson as well. New video of the OG prototype and apparently he doesn’t know what the final features are because he points out a bunch of stuff that’s know to be changed.

That said… it’s one of the most complete run throughs of the truck I’ve seen and has very good footage of pretty much every piece of the truck. One thing he points out and perhaps I forget is how big the truck is. I’m definitely making a trip to the Peterson, just trying to figure out when timing would be good.

It is nice seeing a very clear seam where the sail pillar will be… but it’s the old truck.

Him sitting in front of the truck gives a fantastic idea of how high the truck is when it’s in fully lifted mode.

Last edited:

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
For those of you going to Petersen to see this beastly beauty, please share your thoughts and spare no detail too small. Even though this is the original prototype, many of us (including myself) have never seen CT in person and would be nice to get more first-person perspectives.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
MKBHD has a video from the Peterson as well. New video of the OG prototype and apparently he doesn’t know what the final features are because he points out a bunch of stuff that’s know to be changed.

That said… it’s one of the most complete run throughs of the truck I’ve seen and has very good footage of pretty much every piece of the truck. One thing he points out and perhaps I forget is how big the truck is. I’m definitely making a trip to the Peterson, just trying to figure out when timing would be good.

It is nice seeing a very clear seam where the sail pillar will be… but it’s the old truck.

Him sitting in front of the truck gives a fantastic idea of how high the truck is when it’s in fully lifted mode.

Do you have an iPhone with LIDAR? If so could you please take measurements?

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
T-Slots with raised filler strips. What do you think, those black strips are glued in place?:p

BTW a CNC machine does that kind of work.

Edit: all in fun KrodEKid. Also, I am SOOO going to the Petersen!!!!
Worth every cent.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Do you have an iPhone with LIDAR? If so could you please take measurements?
Going to be a while before I get there.

Is there a good, semi accurate 3d scanning app now that gets dimensions.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Another really good video of the truck at Peterson Museum. Unlike MKBHD, this guy (Minimal Duck) knows his way around the truck and understands that it’s the prototype.

This intrigued me. I think someone pointed it out before, but this is in the grill area under bumper.

Tesla Cybertruck A look at Cybertruck & Cyberquad inside Tesla’s Peterson Museum Exhibit 1668839329696

There is no other Tesla with a camera there. Be useful off-roading and hopefully for detecting small people and hazzards in front of the truck.

Tesla Cybertruck A look at Cybertruck & Cyberquad inside Tesla’s Peterson Museum Exhibit 1668839418597

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

I don't watch his channel, but it would be nice to see a side by side of him in front of a Y and the Cybertruck for easy comparison.
Sponsored