Vrakpant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover 109, Ford Transit Custom
Country flag
Valid points all. Especially to you Europeeans. It is NOT too big unless you are one of those weirdos that live in a city centre. (ugh :LOL:) Anyways. Underrated youtuber, check his other content out.

Cheers.

Sponsored

Last edited:

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
Iā€™m European, want one and have two preordered. But isnā€™t the width (where CT wins) without side mirrors? Seems it would be the same width and longer than the first compared trucks and SUVs with them.

Iā€™m not worried though, Iā€™m not going shopping in the city with it.

I am worried that Tesla wonā€™t bother shipping it to my country because it gets regulation or license hurdles in the EU. At the moment I have the feeling Tesla will first try to fulfill orders in the USA and see if it has the capacity and if itā€™s worth the bother to ship some overseas. Would sell like hot cakes in Norway though.

larryboy31

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Dodge turbo diesel ext. cab,2016 Nissan versa, 2021 Subaru cross trek
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Iā€™m European, want one and have two preordered. But isnā€™t the width (where CT wins) without side mirrors? Seems it would be the same width and longer than the first compared trucks and SUVs with them.

I am worried that Tesla wonā€™t bother shipping it to my country because it gets regulation or license hurdles in the EU. At the moment I have the feeling Tesla will first try to fulfill orders in the USA and see if it has the capacity and if itā€™s worth the bother to ship some overseas. Would sell like hot cakes in Norway though.

The side mirrors fold back on my truck.

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
The side mirrors fold back on my truck.
Thatā€™s common, but I would think the total width is with side mirrors out? Iā€™m not sure though.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Thatā€™s common, but I would think the total width is with side mirrors out? Iā€™m not sure though.
It is not. Mirrors are not included in width specs quoted by manufacturers. F150 with mirrors is ~96 inches , without ~79 inches.

EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Š—ŠŠ—-968, Canyonero
Country flag

If Norway doesn't get the CT, you are welcome to move to North America ?

rlhamil

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Trans Am WS6, 2007 PT Cruiser GT
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Even given the performance degradation of batteries in extreme cold? (perhaps not so bad if you have an oversize garage) I have seen comments by those in Alaska suggesting that they might have limited use for an electric there, although part of that is due to the rarity of chargers, too, I suppose; which with any range reduction due to the cold, would just compound the problem.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Even given the performance degradation of batteries in extreme cold?
There's few places in Europe more than a dozen or a couple dozen miles from a charger.

Alaska has that problem with gas stations, let alone chargers.

-Crissa

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
Even given the performance degradation of batteries in extreme cold? (perhaps not so bad if you have an oversize garage) I have seen comments by those in Alaska suggesting that they might have limited use for an electric there, although part of that is due to the rarity of chargers, too, I suppose; which with any range reduction due to the cold, would just compound the problem.
EVs are all over Norway. Most new cars sold here are EVs by a great margin. Sure the range is often 2/3 in the winter but there are Tesla Superchargers all over too. Many V3.

I might not get it in the garage but I would still keep it plugged in.

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
That comment gave a great laugh :) Sirfun.
I'm going to try to remember for a responce at an appropriate time.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
That comment gave a great laugh :) Sirfun.
I'm going to try to remember for a responce at an appropriate time.
Make sure you abide by 6ā€˜ social distancing rule when you recycle that comment. It may not be as safe in person as it is online ;)

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
The first item, incorrect description of crumple zones. While it does not mean there will or will not have crumple zones, the purpose of crumple zones mitigate impact energy transferred to the occupants.

there is no reason to not expect crumple zones. The video loses credibility from the start.

no need to create conspiracies, the finished product will address concerns.
Sponsored