Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicles
2023 Model X, 2019 Model S, Honda Element
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Utah Department of Transportation is planning to spend over $1 billion to build a gondola up Little Cottonwood Canyon. 80% of Utahns don't want it built. The start date keeps getting pushed back because of the outrage.

View attachment 15868

$600 million = 12,000 Cybertrucks. LOL. I know, I know ... such a crazy idea. But I gotta get it out there. FSD is sooooo close. Every fifth truck up on powder days could have a snow plow; less need for heavy equipment.

It's for reals ...
https://www.deseret.com/utah/2023/1...-canyon-gondola-protest-wasatch-front-meeting

Here's my starter Tweet ...
Sponsored

OP
OP
mikeg

mikeg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicles
2023 Model X, 2019 Model S, Honda Element
Occupation
Software
Country flag
The road, nor the traffic, is going away. The gondola is an over-engineered, flashy and expensive attempt to reduce traffic on powder days when SR210 turns into a parking lot. UDOT admits they probably wont run it that often over the summer months. There's no chance a gondola that size will last 20 years w/out several major infrastructure adjustments. And in 50 years it'll be a bunch of rusting towers and massive cement blocks littering our beautiful canyon.

Electric busses and EV ride sharing are the least environmentally impactful solution.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The road, nor the traffic, is going away. The gondola is an over-engineered, flashy and expensive attempt to reduce traffic on powder days when SR210 turns into a parking lot. UDOT admits they probably wont run it that often over the summer months. There's no chance a gondola that size will last 20 years w/out several major infrastructure adjustments. And in 50 years it'll be a bunch of rusting towers and massive cement blocks littering our beautiful canyon.

Electric busses and EV ride sharing are the least environmentally impactful solution.
So you want to replace the parking lot with...
...busses stuck in traffic so people won't opt for them on a road that's more expensive to maintain than a gondola.

And EV busses aren't a cheap solution, either. At least not yet.

The solution has to have advantages, or people won't adopt it. That's Tesla's secret sauce. Their cars are better.

-Crissa
Sponsored