larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Dodge turbo diesel ext. cab,2016 Nissan versa, 2021 Subaru cross trek
Occupation
retired
Country flag
A number of people on this forum have a reservation in for an Aptera as well as a CT. I intend to get both and use the Aptera as a dingy. When I camp I can leave the CT plugged in to an outlet and run errands and sightseen in the Aptera. It charges from the sun so a 10 or 20 mile trip to the store or the lake or whatever would not run the battery down. The Aptera people are offering a tent to make it possible to sleep comfortably for $600!! There is an outfit( Habitent ) that makes camping tents for Priuses and some other cars for $100. If you are going to buy an Aptera please let them know if you would like them to produce their tent for the Aptera. I am going to fly to San Diego and pick up my Aptera and drive it back to Omaha, camping on the way. If the Habitent people have not been able to get an Aptera to build their tent I will resort to a blue tarp and bungee cords.
Sponsored

Halemarine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.halemarine.com
Vehicles
Model Y, Ford F150, Chevrolet Equinox
Country flag
I have also ordered an Aptera. My daily commute is only six miles around trip, eight if go town to do some errands. With 30 miles Solar range I'll never have to plugin lol

Last edited:

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
I never understood the overpriced tent on a car thing. But 600 doesn't seem unreasonable for something form fitted to the car and I guess if you camp in rodent filled areas they won't chew a holes in it if it's off the ground.

I really want an Aptera seems perfect for towing behind an RV.

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
I've been in for one since launch. 1,000 mile and I ordered the Camping Option... Maybe it will actually arrive before the CT and will use the Tesla charging infrastructure. Fingers crossed.

SS

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
The fitted tent does seem a touch expensive for the prototype they showed.

My spouse calls the Aptera 'her dream car' tho it's one seat short.

-Crissa
How many seats does Aptera have? Double seater?

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
The Aptera is a failed airplane marketed as a motorcycle pretending to be a car.

I want one too once I verify the final width is good for my wife’s work parking garage.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger
Country flag
Concept is cool but it doesn't look very durable. The solar cell tech should be applied to other electric vehicles. At the very least it should increase range while it won't completely replace charging for most people. The other concern is lifespan of the solar panels, could see that not working very well, also what about those in cold regions?

Keep us posted on your trip and how often you have to charge!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I want one too once I verify the final width is good for my wife’s work parking garage.
It's the same as a Model 3. Why?

Concept is cool but it doesn't look very durable.
Not durable? When the company was taken over by the money guys back during the first attempt, they tried to destroy the alpha bodies using a big industrial reaching forklift and the bodies refused to break, even when dropped from a height and run over by the arms.

Round, contiguous shapes are very strong.

-Crissa

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just read a lot about the Aptera......we don't drive very much anymore ( 30 miles/day) and take some trips to Arizona and Northern CA.......We have a 2019 M3 and 2020 MS and on CT3 on order.....I got the CT because I camp and got to desert sometimes....Don't haul much and we are at the age we are not going to move again, so maybe the truck is overkill......besides if we need to haul or get something that won't fit in the MS, we can rent a truck for $19.95 for the first 90 min.....the Aptera looks like it will be about â…“ the cost of the CT3....( I ordered CT3 but that looks like it has turned into a CT4).......the Aptera will have the 600 mile battery, camping option, auto-drive and off-road suspension.....

If I keep the free Supercharging Model S and get the Aptera, it will not cost anything to charge unless I take it on long trips, but that is what the MS is for......So I just put down a deposit for the Aptera......now I have a great car and an in-town toy and camper for far less than the CT......but I cannot seem to see/find a pre-order number.....there is a order id 8681...could that be it? Anyway, I am excited about this......we will see which one get delivered first....

My brother-in-law had one of the originals on order and they sent his deposit back when things did not go smoothly......I remembered, but now it seems like it may be a good thing....Also, the stock is around $9-10 bucks.....

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Model 3 measurements don't usually include the mirrors, whereas the Aptera's include the outriggers.

-Crissa
From front wheel to front wheel, do you think it fits between compact parking lines?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
From front wheel to front wheel, do you think it fits between compact parking lines?
From their videos, it appears to. You'll also have better view of your wheels... and since the body is narrower than the wheels and the doors rotate up, you'll have more room to exit.

-Crissa
Sponsored