John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Looks like Musk will be busy.....hope it doesn’t delay the Cybertruck.
Sponsored

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I don't really think it's in his hands at this point. The project is launch ready and they're building the assembly line, that's not really where I'd picture him.

Maybe hands on if something isn't working right, but the dude has some pretty heavy direct reports that seem to push out millions of cars just fine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Doubt Twitter helps at all however.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I don't really think it's in his hands at this point. The project is launch ready and they're building the assembly line, that's not really where I'd picture him.

Maybe hands on if something isn't working right, but the dude has some pretty heavy direct reports that seem to push out millions of cars just fine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did ya'll hear the Q3 earnings call? Even Elon was asking about the CT. Listen to this question:

Transcript:
Martin Viecha

Thank you. And the next question is, how is production planning going for the Cybertruck? What is the initial phase 1 production target? When can we expect an update on pricing and final design?

Unknown speaker

Yeah. I mean, as Elon said earlier, we'd be on facilities preparations here in Giga Texas for Cybertruck. We're still on track to enter early production in the middle of next year. We started our beta builds of all of the battery body in the existing --

Elon Musk -- Chief Executive Officer and Product Architect

When can I drive my beta?

Unknown speaker

In a few weeks. That's going well, and we continue ramping up through the end of next year and into 2023.

Elon Musk -- Chief Executive Officer and Product Architect

Great. Yeah, the product is going to be sick and sick. That is going to be a hall of famer next level. Sorry, sorry, I took it longer than expected, but there were a few things that got in the way, like insane global supply chain shortages [Inaudible], which are force majeure if [Inaudible] one.

Martin Viecha

Right. Thank you.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Twitter is being put in zombie-mode. It’ll run on autopilot hands-off after Tesla software pros are done.
Elon will tandem build a new 36 Twit-engine Twitter. There may be times that its engines are tested but no one will know which Twitter is running. When Space-X communications pros are done - sky’s the limit.
Once the engines pass, its onto building out a new Integration cross-platform that’ll be X-times better. Think of it as an inside-out design, built in reverse where everything comes to you. No longer a bunch of plans on as many devices that you connect to branded infrastructure and hardware that’s sandboxed. It will all integrate you in the loop rather than apps being hardware-bound.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag

What can we do? Wait 'n see. I just worry having free reign on Twitter might make Elon getting in trouble with the SEC that much easier.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Elon hires the best people. Tesla engineers are already breaking down Twitter. I have 0% doubt it will be a far better product soon. With regard to Cybertruck, it's completely irrelevant. Elon doesn't design or build it. He sets goals, holds people accountable, and I'm sure he'll continue to do that. Also, he wants this truck almost as much as the rest of us.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Elon hires the best people. Tesla engineers are already breaking down Twitter. I have 0% doubt it will be a far better product soon. With regard to Cybertruck, it's completely irrelevant. Elon doesn't design or build it. He sets goals, holds people accountable, and I'm sure he'll continue to do that. Also, he wants this truck almost as much as the rest of us.
I would argue even more than the rest of us.

Who among the rest of us went out and created the super truck they wanted? And then who among those went further and found a way to share copies of said truck with the world?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Elon has already said a few times that he is mainly involved in Optimus and Starship development.
He is a builder. That means he designs the consumer product around the manufacturing constraints of the day. CT design is "locked in" meaning both the consumer product and the manufacturing designs are complete and don't need his input until manufacturing begins and problems with that arise, if at all they do.

So CT doesn't really need any EM time atm, meaning he can spend it on Starship, Optimus and now Twitter.

From what I've read through the bushes so far on the changes to Twitter, there will be an emphasis on providing a "secure" service for distribution of digital economy infrastructure.

That means "X" app users will be verified with a digital ID, which in turn means you can use it "safely" for communication, trade, contracts and payments. It will also exclude bots in that they can't have a digital ID, except if they are also a legal entity (like a corporation etc). This will also be through a monthly customer service subscription with "X" to provide such services, and that makes X profitable without advertising, which in turn means the system does not need to rely on advertising revenue to exist, neither is it as vulnerable to be exploited by advertisers. I'd assume this would be done with end to end encryption and block chain type distributed authentication strategies.

You then layer each services on top of that: entertainment, sharing and monetizing of personal or company media, skill or labour, market place for trading everything digital or real, transfer of value tokens (coins) etc.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The simple denominator - Elon is interested in Mars.

Twitter will serve as communication, finance, entertainment.
Starlink - Network
EV's as transport
Solar and Battery
HVAC for clean air
SPACEX for space travel and haulage
Neurolink for education
Boring for tunnelling on Mars.. Underground Hydroponic food ( see his brother)
Robot - Labor

If we wish to understand his priorities - All of them. Guy is an Uber Genius.
Not one project is allowed to fall back.
And all about money.. he needs money.

If we want to guess future Tesla Projects, what else does Mars need?:
Personalized medicine ?
VTOL ?
3D Manufacturing ?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I like anarchy and loose cannons. I'm also concerned about a petulant child changing my car without my consent (loss of RADAR, which is remarkably worse) and being in control of communications and payment systems (his goal with Twitter, and more).
Sponsored