A wristwatch to compliment your new Cybertruck

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
What watch do you think does justice to the functional beauty, brutal styling and elegant simplicity of the Cybertruck?

My wife alerted me to a limited edition watch just released by Citizen and I thought it was worth sharing here since I think it's a good fit for future Cybertruck owners. If you have any watches you think compliment the uniqueness of the Cybertruck looks and/or functionality be sure to post them here!

I've long been a fan of mechanical, non-electric watches for their mechanical beauty and non-reliance on batteries and computers to perform their function. But, in recent years, I've gravitated towards the accuracy of quartz watches to reduce the need to constantly adjust them for accuracy and adjust the date at the end of months having less than 31 days. But then you have the battery replacements that seem to come all to quickly, even when some of them can run years on a single battery. Some people forgo watches altogether and simply rely on their phone. I don't wear jewelry (other than a simple wedding band) and I like wearing a watch so don't try to talk me out of it!

Enter the solar powered, Eco drive watches from Citizen (I have no financial interest in Citizen, I just like the way their Eco-drive watches free me from regular battery replacements). There are many other manufacturers of this class of watch and I am not particularly brand loyal. Most Citizen watches have questionable styling (IMO) and my entire life I've viewed them as a "weird" watch company that played second fiddle to the likes of Seiko, the Swiss brands and even Timex. But they do have a lot of good technology and reasonable value if you can find styling that pleases you.

But let's get to the watch in question. No single watch will please anyone so, if you don't like it, please move on. Better yet, if you have a watch you like better, that compliments the qualities of the Cybertruck, post it here. What is a Cybertruck and how can a watch compliment it? A Cybertruck is durable, strong, simple and elegant. It's made using space-age durable materials and technology. It's not fussy or overly stylistic. It's function above all.

The new Citizen Super Titanium Atomic Timekeeping is all of those things. At $1100, it's not a cheap watch but neither are the materials and processes that go into it's construction and they are only making 2200 worldwide. The watch case is forged from a single ingot of super-heated titanium alloy. It has an all-metal band of the same material. Both the band and the watch case are DLC coated which stands for "diamond like carbon" which is a vapor deposited, super hard and very thin carbon coating that not many things can scratch. It has a synthetic sapphire crystal for clarity and scratch resistance. The titanium case and band, combined with it's less than average case thickness of just over 10 mm makes this watch exceeding light and comfortable to wear for it's 43mm case diameter.

The angular profile of the watch case reminds me of the Cybertruck (of course I have Cybertruck on the brain) and the starfield on the watch face reminds me of SpaceX and their mission to distant worlds.
Tesla Cybertruck A wristwatch to compliment your new Cybertruck Citizen Atomic

There are two more photos of this watch on the Citizen website but it's new so you won't find much else on the web: Super Titanium™ Atomic Timekeeping | Citizen (citizenwatch.com) I will say the watch looks better in person than any of these photos can manage to portray. The starfield has a light sparkle to it depending upon the light angle and the luminous hands and hour markings are easy to read in the dark.

The DLC on the titanium case didn't come through very well in this photo. In real life it looks a bit more glossy, like a metallicized ceramic. A typical stainless steel watch with a face this big and all-metal watch band will normally weigh around 120-180 grams (or more). This weighs in at only 83 grams once I removed two links to fit my average wrist size.

It should never need any manual time adjustments, as long I don't travel beyond the range of the various atomic clock transmitters. If I do venture beyond range, it's rated to keep time to within a respectable 5 seconds per month.

One feature I really like: the all-titanium band has tool-less micro-adjust so it's very quick and easy to make small adjustments in sizing if your wrist changes size over time or through the day. It's rated to operate in normal watch mode for 6 months with no exposure to light so there is no constant need to keep it exposed to light during the dark days of winter. It will stay charged under normal office lighting if exposed for about 4 hours per day. It's rated water resistance is 100 meters.

My wife found a coupon on-line for $110 off the regular price and it comes with free shipping. This watch will not be for everyone but I thought I would share if for those who might appreciate it. I would love to see other examples, even if just a photo, of watches other Cybertruck fans think might complement the very unique Cybertruck.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
pretty nice watch, where to buy?

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
still like my Rolex Submariner......keeps almost perfect time.....3 sec month loss/gain......serviced every 5 years since 1992....best present my wife of 51 yrs ever gave mr except for our son.....

OP
OP
HaulingAss

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
still like my Rolex Submariner......keeps almost perfect time.....3 sec month loss/gain......serviced every 5 years since 1992....best present my wife of 51 yrs ever gave mr except for our son.....
A real classic! Just a bit too thick and heavy for my daily preferences. And 3 seconds/month is exceptional! It's quite collectible too, so much that I would hesitate to wear it much!

How many times have you had it serviced since new?

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A real classic! Just a bit too thick and heavy for my daily preferences. And 3 seconds/month is exceptional! It's quite collectible too, so much that I would hesitate to wear it much!

How many times have you had it serviced since new?
every five years to the month.....I take it to Los Angeles.....when I make the appointment, they can't believe it.....its like oil in a nice car.....change it and the engine should be good to go.....I wear it everyday and take it in the pool and ocean...somehow it just stay watertight and just works well.....there is no dings or scratches.....I replace the Safire crystal every 10 years and the bracelet come back looking brand new.....its a great watch....My watch has the diamond and blue star fire silver face with dark blue bezel....and get this, I paid $4500 in 1992......they stopped making this one and came out with the teal blue bezel....that one looks horrible.....then Rolex cancelled that one and is making the dark bezel again.....I love this watch...

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What watch do you think does justice to the functional beauty, brutal styling and elegant simplicity of the Cybertruck?

My wife alerted me to a limited edition watch just released by Citizen and I thought it was worth sharing here since I think it's a good fit for future Cybertruck owners. If you have any watches you think compliment the uniqueness of the Cybertruck looks and/or functionality be sure to post them here!

I've long been a fan of mechanical, non-electric watches for their mechanical beauty and non-reliance on batteries and computers to perform their function. But, in recent years, I've gravitated towards the accuracy of quartz watches to reduce the need to constantly adjust them for accuracy and adjust the date at the end of months having less than 31 days. But then you have the battery replacements that seem to come all to quickly, even when some of them can run years on a single battery. Some people forgo watches altogether and simply rely on their phone. I don't wear jewelry (other than a simple wedding band) and I like wearing a watch so don't try to talk me out of it!

Enter the solar powered, Eco drive watches from Citizen (I have no financial interest in Citizen, I just like the way their Eco-drive watches free me from regular battery replacements). There are many other manufacturers of this class of watch and I am not particularly brand loyal. Most Citizen watches have questionable styling (IMO) and my entire life I've viewed them as a "weird" watch company that played second fiddle to the likes of Seiko, the Swiss brands and even Timex. But they do have a lot of good technology and reasonable value if you can find styling that pleases you.

But let's get to the watch in question. No single watch will please anyone so, if you don't like it, please move on. Better yet, if you have a watch you like better, that compliments the qualities of the Cybertruck, post it here. What is a Cybertruck and how can a watch compliment it? A Cybertruck is durable, strong, simple and elegant. It's made using space-age durable materials and technology. It's not fussy or overly stylistic. It's function above all.

The new Citizen Super Titanium Atomic Timekeeping is all of those things. At $1100, it's not a cheap watch but neither are the materials and processes that go into it's construction and they are only making 2200 worldwide. The watch case is forged from a single ingot of super-heated titanium alloy. It has an all-metal band of the same material. Both the band and the watch case are DLC coated which stands for "diamond like carbon" which is a vapor deposited, super hard and very thin carbon coating that not many things can scratch. It has a synthetic sapphire crystal for clarity and scratch resistance. The titanium case and band, combined with it's less than average case thickness of just over 10 mm makes this watch exceeding light and comfortable to wear for it's 43mm case diameter.

The angular profile of the watch case reminds me of the Cybertruck (of course I have Cybertruck on the brain) and the starfield on the watch face reminds me of SpaceX and their mission to distant worlds.
Citizen Atomic.jpg

There are two more photos of this watch on the Citizen website brut it's pretty new so you won't find much else on the web: Super Titanium™ Atomic Timekeeping | Citizen (citizenwatch.com) I will say the watch looks better in person than any of these photos can manage to portray. The starfield has a light sparkle to it depending upon the light angle and the luminous hands and hour markings are easy to read in the dark.

The DLC on the titanium case didn't come through very well in this photo. In real life it looks a bit more glossy, like a metallicized ceramic. A typical stainless steel watch with a face this big and all-metal watch band will normally weigh around 120-180 grams (or more). This weighs in at only 83 grams once I removed two links to fit my average wrist size.

It should never need any manual time adjustments, as long I don't travel beyond the range of the various atomic clock transmitters. If I do venture beyond range, it's rated to keep time to within a respectable 5 seconds per month.

One feature I really like: the all-titanium band has tool-less micro-adjust so it's very quick and easy to make small adjustments in sizing if your wrist changes size over time or through the day. It's rated to operate in normal watch mode for 6 months with no exposure to light so there is no constant need to keep it exposed to light during the dark days of winter. It will stay charged under normal office lighting if exposed for about 4 hours per day. It's rated water resistance is 100 meters.

My wife found a coupon on-line for $110 off the regular price and it comes with free shipping. This watch will not be for everyone but I thought I would share if for those who might appreciate it. I would love to see other examples, even if just a photo, of watches other Cybertruck fans think might complement the very unique Cybertruck.

This is not really a Cybertruck kinda watch but if you're into complications may I suggest

PATEK PHILIPPE 5230R World Time in Rose Gold

Tesla Cybertruck A wristwatch to compliment your new Cybertruck 5230R_012_1@2x