Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
that photo was in my original response to you

twice

and it was not intended to describe scale, but instead to illustrate the different distances I was referencing
Occurs exactly 0 times in your post prior to the one I responded to.

Tesla Cybertruck About that Overhang… 1682644983081

Have you considered practicing being concise? The signal to noise in every conversation with you tends to the low side. You’ve said about 2,000 words and finally summed it up in an illustration that is pretty much a slightly cleaner version of what I put in the first post.

Last edited:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Confusion as to what photo you’re referencing - below is how your post appears, and then you say “your photo

Tesla Cybertruck About that Overhang… F08778E7-2779-4338-9B54-4E71196390E4

In any event, I diagnose you as spatially challenged 😀👍🏼

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Every. Single. Conversation with you ends up being a bunch of stupid meta bullshit not even about the topic.

You’ve basically said nothing aside from that I originally said and wasted a crapload of words and time doing it.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
thanks, that would be great!

just to clear up what for some reason seems to be confusion over terms:

let’s for present purposes call the “overhang” just the eve trim extending over window - I believe this would a the part you’re referring to being 2-3” - below the tip if the eve closest to tailgate is in YELLOW

then let’s call distance from tip of the eve to window the “distance to window” - the window is indicated in ~GREEN (really the SS trimforward if thr

then finally let’s call the distance from the tip of the eve to the furthest forward part of the bed floor the “distance to forward bed floor” - indicated in RED
22C25C2C-7F7C-4008-8C9A-2C6DD2206E3F.jpeg

From the side, these are roughly the relevant bits that collectively make up the max distance from the forwardmost portion of the bulkhead to the rearwardmost tip of the eve

F6164C8F-85B3-4342-BCCA-059A102A3BBA.jpeg

A89BAE3B-FDED-4547-8351-26E002F629FD.jpeg
More like this would be my observation.

Tesla Cybertruck About that Overhang… F6164C8F-85B3-4342-BCCA-059A102A3BBA

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I wonder how much of the slope is an optical illusion. Some of it seems to be using up the space that would normally be lost behind the seats.

-Crissa

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
I will admit as a legacy vehicle driver I am heavily dependent on my windshield mounted rear view mirror. I have never even owned a vehicle with back up cameras. Is there a camera view of what the window mounted rear view mirror normally shows visible on the cockpit display full time when driving, or only when reversing?
Here are a couple of pretty nice videos on how it could work. Chevrolet did a great job on the one in their Bolt as just an example.

Image below shows an advantage of a wide view vs the traditional mirror view.

Tesla Cybertruck About that Overhang… RMdLQeM

Bitmaster

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
not following

someone cared about the distance from the rear window to the rearmost edge of the overhang?

in terms of the separate matter of wondering about the encroachment over the bed floor (and so occluding the cargo area proper), the question is about the distance from the forward most edge of the bed, to the rearmost edge of the overhang

F0C05556-3AD9-4D85-AEE4-A34A89912927.jpeg

This area of the truck has gone though several changes since the Peterson prototype (and so the patent drawing).

The Peterson overhang is less, and its rear window is perpendicular to the ground, and the perpendicular portion of the bulkhead begins far nearer to the bed floor (in red below). Meaning in theory, the bulkhead itself leans less back towards the tailgate, the window itself leans no further to the tailgate, and the narrower eave/overhand is less.

F4269CB2-0212-49CE-8688-5BE262B7EB4E.jpeg

In the pre-pro units, in contrast, the perpendicular portion of the bulkhead begins further from the bed floor (so may extend further back toward the tailgate), the rear window itself is now slanted further toward the tailgate, at an angle roughly equivalent to the bulkhead (in my opinion, to permit the window to roll down), and the eave/overhand is deeper.

498AF9D3-4930-4D1D-A94B-5E8ABE07EEBE.jpeg

no real sense comparing them though, as proportions are too different to extrapolate which bulkhead leans furthest back. For same reasons though, the Peterson doesn’t tell us much if anything s out the pre pro in this area of the truck

F0C05556-3AD9-4D85-AEE4-A34A89912927.jpeg

View attachment 19268
These pictures make me miss the full width red tail light :-(

Bitmaster

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Were you throwing something at it?

It's just unplugged in the beta models.

-Crissa
Cool. hope your are right. so its just the front light bar that was removed?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Cool. hope your are right. so its just the front light bar that was removed?
The hood bar is still there.

The apex one... I don't see how, with the masking on the windshield. I hope I'm wrong, because I still want that one. It's useless while driving but dang useful in camp or crawling. I really prefer the clearance lamps up there, I hate them mixed into the bar, I think that looks messy.

I don't know why people think the tail one is gone, the dark spot for it is there, and it was shown working at I think the Cyber-rodeo. If they don't have both tail light working all the time why would they have the tailgate one? I would assume that means they're working on the tailgate from time to time.

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
When I read overhang in the title I only thought it was about the tail overhang past the rear wheels to the bumper. Offroading will do that to you.

Last edited:

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The space is there for the light bar. I think it’s not something they need for testing.

Tesla Cybertruck About that Overhang… 25FC4FEF-9C39-44A5-BB53-6548344A4867

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
You illustrate better what I was trying to point out.

Just thinking the drama about Overhang is overdone.
I dont remember this drama.
Sponsored