Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
so what are you saying? that the better batteries WILL start being included on 3&Y? Im really considering buying a Y this month, but if waiting a few months will make a difference. . . .
I am not privy to anything more than you, but I know that I have already put any Tesla purchase on hold until after Battery Day and I cannot be the only one. If Tesla doesnā€™t have a million-mile battery (and CATL does) then why boast that they are ā€˜deepā€™ in cell technology? I expect a Tesla to an ounce something ā€˜betterā€™ than anyone else. So letā€™s say he does. Wouldnā€™t everyone want it right away? Not just the plaid Model X/S but their big sales-number vehicles? Itā€™s not a fact, but it is reasonable logic. It could hurt the Tesla image, sales, and stock value.

Regarding a Y purchase, the longer you wait the more early manufacturing issues will resolved and that is just what happens with new lines of every kind.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I doubt this highly. They will most likely offer the new batteries in the Semi, roadster, and CT (maybe a refreshed model X which is way overdue for one). It does not make sense to put them in current production vehicles.

The fact that Tesla has signed another 3 year deal with Panasonic (which produces the current battery cells) supports this theory.
One way or another we will know by October ... unless they keep postponing, which would suck.

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
paint run... use it as a demo....
Disagree as a demo. It needs to be sent to a paint shop and corrected. Lesson learned in the plant nursery trades, never, never, sell at a discount, give away or otherwise unload poor quality product because it will ultimately come back to haunt you. The product whatever it may be is an advertisement for the brand, good or bad and your best is always demanded.
And besides, it's not really that hard to sand, prep and repaint that portion of the car.

Jimo

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TESLA Model X, 2003 Thunderbird, 2016 Nissan NV 3500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Does anyone else feel that CT orders will be completed quicker than anticipated? The factory has already been started and it sounds like they will be using prefab concrete. I read Q3 for completion of the factory, which seems ridiculous.

Also, with new advanced assembly methods they are planning....I can see the first CT roll off the line middle of next year. I also think that Giga Texas will have quicker build rates than most vehicles based on information I've heard. Just a thought.
We can dream, can't we?

Herb Blair

First Name
Herb Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima, Ford F-150
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Does anyone else feel that CT orders will be completed quicker than anticipated? The factory has already been started and it sounds like they will be using prefab concrete. I read Q3 for completion of the factory, which seems ridiculous.

Also, with new advanced assembly methods they are planning....I can see the first CT roll off the line middle of next year. I also think that Giga Texas will have quicker build rates than most vehicles based on information I've heard. Just a thought.
I can relate to how fast a factory is up and runnning. I may of 1980, the site of a new Apple factory in Carrolton, Texas, the site had been cleared and the first concrete poured. In July 1, 1960 the factory was opened and computers were being assembly. That's with 1980 tilt-wall technology, here it is 40 years later, with better techniques in building Gigafactories, I'll bet that there will be CT's mid 2021. and Hopefully mine will be on of them.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Here is a pic of the Model Y demonstrator paint sag/run. It's hard to see but look above the tire reflection.

1596039040224.jpeg
That certainly is NOT a good paint job. I'm glad our Model Y was good to go. There was one small paint issue but it was obviously NOT caused by the paint shop. It seemed someone opened the door against a cinder block wall. It was a one inch rash right on the lower driver's door edge. They fixed it and the fix is really good.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
What will be announced in October?
I believe he is referring to the September Battery Day... The date in September may be fluid but the month is September. So, by October, we will have seen the big battery announcement.

program422

First Name
TATE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Tundra
Country flag
I would put off a Model Y purchase until after September 22nd, Battery Day. I think Elon will have some surprise announcements coming.
I would not worry about the new battery concern if you are in the market for the Y now. Once announces, it will takes a long time to implement...a year or two.

program422

First Name
TATE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Tundra
Country flag
I am not privy to anything more than you, but I know that I have already put any Tesla purchase on hold until after Battery Day and I cannot be the only one. If Tesla doesnā€™t have a million-mile battery (and CATL does) then why boast that they are ā€˜deepā€™ in cell technology? I expect a Tesla to an ounce something ā€˜betterā€™ than anyone else. So letā€™s say he does. Wouldnā€™t everyone want it right away? Not just the plaid Model X/S but their big sales-number vehicles? Itā€™s not a fact, but it is reasonable logic. It could hurt the Tesla image, sales, and stock value.

Regarding a Y purchase, the longer you wait the more early manufacturing issues will resolved and that is just what happens with new lines of every kind.
Tesla wonā€™t fall into the Osborne Effect.

Xtampa

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Bus operator
Country flag
I actually find it hilarious that people spend so much time speculating about when the ct will arrive and all the variations that might come along. It will arrive when it arrives. Why do so many people waste their time, Iā€™m sure Elon is laughing his head off at all the crazy threads and you tubers making up this stuff. Get yourselves a hobby.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I actually find it hilarious that people spend so much time speculating about when the ct will arrive and all the variations that might come along. It will arrive when it arrives. Why do so many people waste their time, Iā€™m sure Elon is laughing his head off at all the crazy threads and you tubers making up this stuff. Get yourselves a hobby.
This 'is' the hobby man. No one would be talking about all this stuff if the truck was being sold already, but we are all in the unenviable position of chomping at the bit for something that won't be available for at least 18 months and probably a lot longer. Lots of time to think about it. And maybe, in all the extra time he has, Elon Musk is laughing his head off about all this. It isn't important except that there have been many ideas suggested that he and his team would be wise to pay attention to.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
This is a hobby. I suppose you don't gamble, play games, play sports, watch movies, or anything else where it might be fun to guess the outcome or when something might happen. I, personally, think it's fun to go through iterations of what might happen and when. It's pretty asinine to waste your time on a fan site and your first post is to make fun of everyone there. Childish, actually.
Sponsored