Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla X90D, 2017 Kia Soul EV plus, 2010 Honda NT700V
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What is the opinion if the center portion of the front light bar could be design to function as adaptive lighting. A series of LEDs synchronizing with the amount of turning.
Sponsored

Huntsman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
It appears the headlights have changed. Maybe adaptive is in the future for CT. Debut night the truck had an off road light at the top of the windshield and clearance lights. The head lights in front of the frunk had 3 segments, was told they were laser lights, the center section was off during some press appearances allowing speculation about DRL configuration.
Latest photos show a conventional 4 headlight array with clearance lights now down at ā€˜grillā€™ height not at the top of the windshield and off road light is no longer visible at the top of the new convex windshield.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The headlights were never at the top of the windshield.

Federal law requires a separation between identifiable lights, and that's what we saw. It was also daytime, so those were probably the DRLs.

It's almost certain Tesla will use adaptive headlights, they always were.

-Crissa

israndy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Mitsubishi I-Miev, 2x 2007 Vectrix VX-1, 2000 Honda Insight, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired from IT
Country flag

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
@israndy ...

No. Not a "headlight"

Tesla Cybertruck Adaptive headlights not a headlight

The top roof light is an OFF-ROAD LIGHT BAR.

The light going across the bonnet is the headlight bar.
The lights on the bumper are fog lights.

I really hope Tesla is clear to people that the light bar across the top is for off-road only. I can see a lot of first-time'ers driving around blinding people until the police explain the deal.

Last edited:

Huntsman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
Debut night the truck had an off road light at the top of the windshield and clearance lights.
The head lights in front of the frunk had 3 segments
Latest photos show a conventional 4 headlight array with clearance lights now down at ā€˜grillā€™ height not at the top of the windshield and off road light is no longer visible at the top of the new convex windshield.

View attachment 10113

Tesla Cybertruck Adaptive headlights 1D584F45-B0AC-46AB-A29E-5EB85C4DBFB0

Tesla Cybertruck Adaptive headlights 0B6786D0-B46E-467A-AFFD-3CB6C54F17E3

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The headlights were never at the top of the windshield.

Federal law requires a separation between identifiable lights, and that's what we saw. It was also daytime, so those were probably the DRLs.

It's almost certain Tesla will use adaptive headlights, they always were.

-Crissa
Not to mention the super cool demo they showed at GB. I agree about the other lights. The prototype always had parking/fog lights down low in the bumper. I would be disappointed to lose any of the light bars as they really make the CT look cool.

Huntsman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
Not to mention the super cool demo they showed at GB. I agree about the other lights. The prototype always had parking/fog lights down low in the bumper. I would be disappointed to lose any of the light bars as they really make the CT look cool.
Iā€™m curious aboutā€¦ everything but for the sake of this string, whatā€™s up with the windshield? It clearly has some curve to it, the wiper is laughable and thankfully Musk has assured us it is temp, and the off road light is gone. Is the windshield temporary while they do testing, the production version containing something so great they have to keep it under cover? why is the windshield now curved? It lost a few BA points with the curve. Is this an aero dynamic development to get the air to roll off the sides? I thought the flat armor windshield was going to last forever. One of the patents had to do with wipers on magnetic rails, is that the final wiper on a flat windshield and we get our off road light back? Something is up with this windshield!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That's the windshield they showed off in the glass video.

Curves are better for strength and aero, it was flat for cost. If they can make the new glass curve, well, all the better.

Latest photos show off road light is no longer visible at the top of the new convex windshield.
1D584F45-B0AC-46AB-A29E-5EB85C4DBFB0.jpeg

0B6786D0-B46E-467A-AFFD-3CB6C54F17E3.jpeg
It doesn't show the off road light because none of the day time shots shots ever showed the two light bars when they were off.

-Crissa

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Iā€™m curious aboutā€¦ everything but for the sake of this string, whatā€™s up with the windshield? It clearly has some curve to it, the wiper is laughable and thankfully Musk has assured us it is temp, and the off road light is gone. Is the windshield temporary while they do testing, the production version containing something so great they have to keep it under cover? why is the windshield now curved? It lost a few BA points with the curve. Is this an aero dynamic development to get the air to roll off the sides? I thought the flat armor windshield was going to last forever. One of the patents had to do with wipers on magnetic rails, is that the final wiper on a flat windshield and we get our off road light back? Something is up with this windshield!
I think that seeing videos like this brings out some of the best and worst in us. The best part is that people get really creative in interpreting what might be based on what they see. The worst part is that they actually believe what they see when it is a prototype a year away from production. You say "the off road light is gone" and I say it would be very hard to believe that something as iconic as the off road light bar, or the headlight light bar, etc. would be removed. Every image of that curved windshield looks like it was pasted on so I have to believe it is just being tested for some attributes when we do not know, and virtually everything else should be ignored. Go have a beer or do something that helps you chill or you are going to go crazy in the next few months. There is going to be a lot of this kind of thing (i.e., testing) going on.
Sponsored