Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
So I was wondering. Back in the day kids would often ride in the back of pickups. It's a horribly dangerous place to sit in regular pickups. And there used to be a Subaru Brat vehicle that had 2 rear-facing seats in the "truck" bed.

In the case of the CT, what are the chances that one could install child seats in the CT bed? They would need to be locked down just as solid as a regular seat but if the pass-through allowed at least a window portion to be open and the tonneau cover could be closed, I'd think that a child strapped into a locked-down seat would be at the same general risk as if they were in a regular seat position.

Getting the child seats locked down securely would have to be done just right though.

Just wondering for a friend... LOL

Tesla Cybertruck Additional kid seats in the bed? 1978-Subaru-BRAT-V2-1600
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I loved the brat!

I seem to recall some companies selling seats to do that in modern pickups - complete with proper harnesses - but I don't know the right search terms.

-Crissa

OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I loved the brat!

I seem to recall some companies selling seats to do that in modern pickups - complete with proper harnesses - but I don't know the right search terms.

-Crissa
I never drove a Brat but a friend of mine in Japan was a truck driver for a while and was delivering the Brat from the build factory to the port in Japan for delivery to the US. I rode along on one ride and was really enjoying the truckload of Brats. I was just a kid at the time and could not drive. But it was also fun to be riding along in the cab.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah, I loved the brat. One of the girls in my HS had one ^-^. I didn't get my first car until more than six months after graduation.

-Crissa

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag

OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
The Hot Shot (pickup truck with 2 or 3 car wedge) drivers use these as sleepers sometimes.
I did a search for "sleeper kits for pickup trucks" and found a few companies building fiberglass sleepers for pickups. There are a wide variety of options including extra kid seats. Of course, the current ones would not work for a CT with the tonneau but given the variety out there, I'm sure I could find a way to hook in some kid seats.

Really hoping the pass-through to the bed is a real thing so these kinds of items can be made.

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
The CT has a slotted steel bed from the pictures I've seen, so that would be a nice modular attachment that should stay sturdy with proper hardware! Plus the CT will have an air conditioned bed so that's an extra perk.

I wouldn't do it regularly, but could see it being useful in a pinch ?
Sponsored