Alien dreadnought Tesla factories are now producing new MASTERPIECE Motors that can not be easily copied!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Porsche/ VW has had hairpin motors for some time.

https://www.electricmotorengineerin...n-new-measuring-solution-for-hairpin-stators/

I don’t think the costs are as low, but Tesla isn’t even first in the industry on this. Nothing super secret or impossible to duplicate here. Just Tesla making an efficient motor.

The claims VW makes about the advantages are even the same.
This approach – explains Philip Kurz, responsible for engine planning and testing at VW – enables high-volume series production, and it also means the engine has more power, while being significantly lighter. However, there remains the challenge of quality assurance because the physical properties of the hairpins push the boundaries of the measuring methods traditionally used in engine construction».
I don’t think Tesla was trying to make a bold claim about being first or best. They were just emphasizing the cost savings they were putting into play.

OP
OP
Richard V.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Porsche/ VW has had hairpin motors for some time.

https://www.electricmotorengineerin...n-new-measuring-solution-for-hairpin-stators/

I don’t think the costs are as low, but Tesla isn’t even first in the industry on this. Nothing super secret or impossible to duplicate here. Just Tesla making an efficient motor.

The claims VW makes about the advantages are even the same.

I don’t think Tesla was trying to make a bold claim about being first or best. They were just emphasizing the cost savings they were putting into play.
I agree, it is not new, but the idea is going to be fully incorporated into dreadnought Giga factory capabilities for Tesla. I think I have found one of the patents here: KR20140064230A - Hairpin winding motor - Google Patents

Last edited:
OP
OP
Richard V.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, Tesla is definitely crushing it on costs and integration.
Yes, this was my point. The video is clear about Tesla not being the inventor but the key work in the title is "dreadnought". They are popping up here and there. I hope Canada/Quebec will get one. Mining, trained staff and the St-Laurence could be all very useful to Tesla.
Sponsored

Last edited: