RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
As an inadvertent supporter (I own Tesla cars, solar and stock), I used to think Elon was your normal, run of the mill eccentric engineering genius. But with his impulsive desire for attention, this insecure, immature little man is undoing much of the good his obsessive hard work has produced. Elons most ardent "followers" are clearly blind to this Tourettes like behaviour which will only increase in volume and magnitude when applied using his most recently acquired toy. Chief Twit indeed.

I strongly support this Forums "no politics" policy. If only Elon had the wisdom to do the same ...
Sponsored

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I don't own the stock (yet) so, I say let him say whatever he wants. You learn more about a person that way.
I thought there was a Tesla mission - Increase acceleration to sustainable energy economy.

We are already battling huge forces to make headway on that - legacy auto, investors in legacy auto, suppliers to legacy auto, fossil fuel industry, investors in fossil fuel industry, mass media, ultra wealthy, Russia, Saudi Arabia, luddities that like smell of gasoline or just resist change, etc.

Yes, Elon has right to tweet/twit whatever he wants but that does not mean doing so will NOT ruin his stated mission.

As a recent example look at the 10s of billions lost in just 1 year by Meta/Facebook because of Mark Zuckerberg's virtual reality hobby horse.

Gary Black and other large Tesla bulls have mentioned that they fear Elon's side projects will cause problems for Tesla.

If Elon was doing these things 5 years from now when we were in the middle of the S-curve it probably would not matter to adoption but right now he could still destroy work of himself and the 100s of thousands of us trying to acceleration to sustainable energy economy.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Argh…Cowboys come in a variety, a package deal with the horse they rode in on and Geniuses are no different. I’ve worked with only two true genius’s and can’t vouch for Elon’s gift but you can’t argue with his tenacity.

Look startups are a clusterfuck. A veritable moneybag with cons around every corner and mostly empty promises. Elon has navigated TSLA through startup phase, transitioned to operations and conquered an unconquerable industry, whole — solely on tenacity and a preponderance of physics.

This dude can wrangle a herd of automakers! He’s easily bored going so far as protest naming one company in namesake. Rare Genius, that.

Money doesn’t motivate this Cowboy. He has no problem wrapping millions around rocket science just for the pleasure of watching two boosters land back on earth concurrently!

Genius sees what others cannot. This was SteveJobs gift. My other genius could do what others could only dream. Singlehanded he crafted SWIFT in Assembly language before the internet existed. He didn’t invent it, CIA did that. But Elon is unlike Genius that’s come before. All entrepreneurial billionaires have been consumed by the “Golden Touch” syndrome to which Elon is inoculated thus far.

Here’s the deal with Cowboys, they don’t give a f#$& what you think, they have a whole herd of critters that’ll be scattered if they take their eye off, even for a second. Critters don’t care what people say neither so its a lonely profession. Elon has def. come to terms with lonely even if you haven’t — TSLA, TWITTER, Space-X et.al. are his critters corralled and in the process of being turned loose.

You can chase them doggies or watch but don’t bother…he’s busy

OP
OP

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes.

But we get Musk how he is, not how we’d like him to be.

Given the choice of Musk saying (or reposting) stupid things occasionally, and not having Musk. I’ll take Musk and his stupid Tweets every time.
I'm of a mind that the key man principle is vastly overstated here. Certainly his intuition, broad engineering chops and disruptive style was crucial in getting Tesla up and running but up and running it is. Might be time for a new CEO who shares his rapid innovation and lean design instincts but exhibits a more normalized leadership style. Musk could still have input and provide feedback but would no longer have to be the day to day decision maker. He doesn't like that responsibility so free yourself brother.

That would allow Elon to dabble in Social Engineering and/or be on the first ship to Mars and personally plant the flag. At this point, I think Mars would be a perfect base of operations for him. :)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm of a mind that the key man principle is vastly overstated here. Certainly his intuition, broad engineering chops and disruptive style was crucial in getting Tesla up and running but up and running it is. Might be time for a new CEO who shares his rapid innovation and lean design instincts but exhibits a more normalized leadership style. Musk could still have input and provide feedback but would no longer have to be the day to day decision maker. He doesn't like that responsibility so free yourself brother.

That would allow Elon to dabble in Social Engineering and/or be on the first ship to Mars and personally plant the flag. At this point, I think Mars would be a perfect base of operations for him. :)
A “normal” CEO would not have gone out on a ledge and created the Cybertruck. If you want a company without Musk at the helm, Rivian or the F150 is what you end up with.

If you don’t like Musk’s antics and management style, there are companies out there making EVs which are not Tesla. They make the sort of EVs someone who is not Elon Musk will make. Straight laced boards who tell their CEO to STFU or GTFO end up with CEOs who stay on the well trodden path.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Everything is political, but...

Yeah, I wish he'd stick to things which can be proven.

But he's in a bubble. One partly of his own making, partly because anyone as visible as him just get alot of ... vitrole thrown at them. And not well thought out stuff at that. Sure, there's some valid criticism in there, but it's hard to find among the pilings on. So he has a bubble of people who won't criticize him.

But they also have their own reasons for not criticizing him, and some of them are downright dishonest actors in their own right. Peterson, Rogan, etc. And now he's stewing in this sea of yes-men (they are almost all men) with their own bugaboos and motives and...

This is what we've got. We can only hope that he finds out how difficult it is to moderate a platform with dishonest actors on it. And has a come to the light moment about disinfo and harassment.

-Crissa

PS, our administrator does an admirable job handling the disparate opinions here.

Last edited:
OP
OP

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The force is very strong in young Elon ...

Look, I want a Cybertruck and will probably own one someday. In the meantime, I'd like to see Tesla flourish and grow to it's full potential. For those of you that think Elon has destroyed big auto with his lightsaber, you're delusional. Ford and GM will SLOWLY turn the ship into the wind and weather the storm. Tesla has changed the auto industry but it will not replace it.

OP
OP

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm sure you're not. I don't want anyone to STFU. We need more like him.
Really ... no one ? Who are you, f-ing Gandhi? o_O

ZARDOZ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Most billionaires, Gates, Bezos, Zuckerberg, Soros, etc., have a bubble of people who won't criticize them. Lucky for us Musk pals around with some open minded, deep thinkers such as Jordan Peterson and Joe Rogan. He stands out as not only the most successful, but the most varied of interests, intelligent and open minded. The others I mentioned march lockstep with a certain ideology which sets Musk up alone as a target for being different.

So far, he's Teflon to the nonsense and let's hope that continues.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.