Frankenblob

First Name
Frank, USA is the BEST. Communism SUX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag
From what I understand this battery CANNOT overheat, cannot be adversely affected by a short circuit ( or cannot be short circuited) if tipped sideways or upside down the battery self discharges and goes to a solid and all one needs to do is pass an electrical current through it to get it back up to snuff with zero degradation or loss, it can go thousands and possibly tens of thousands of cycles w/out loss of power/capacity, would last about 25 years, has a thermal working temp of 500C, can be 100% discharged with little to no degradation....

A good interview was done by "Disruptive Investing" with Ambri’s Donald Sadoway.

"...Ambri's Donald Sadoway has said in the past few days via Twitter that the company’s batteries can operate in the desert 'without need for air conditioning or fire suppression,' claimed that there was 'no question that liquid metal battery can undercut lithium-ion,' and that the technology 'offers resistance to capacity fade and immunity to thermal runaway while constructed of ethically sourced materials. All at the lowest price point'...."
-- Energy Storage News.

A facility in Nevada will be using it, so lets see!

Also I am not sure of the size, weight or capacity relative to size and weight.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
From what I understand this battery CANNOT overheat, cannot be adversely affected by a short circuit ( or cannot be short circuited) if tipped sideways or upside down the battery self discharges and goes to a solid and all one needs to do is pass an electrical current through it to get it back up to snuff with zero degradation or loss, it can go thousands and possibly tens of thousands of cycles w/out loss of power/capacity, would last about 25 years, has a thermal working temp of 500C, can be 100% discharged with little to no degradation....

A good interview was done by "Disruptive Investing" with Ambri’s Donald Sadoway.

"...Ambri's Donald Sadoway has said in the past few days via Twitter that the company’s batteries can operate in the desert 'without need for air conditioning or fire suppression,' claimed that there was 'no question that liquid metal battery can undercut lithium-ion,' and that the technology 'offers resistance to capacity fade and immunity to thermal runaway while constructed of ethically sourced materials. All at the lowest price point'...."
-- Energy Storage News.

A facility in Nevada will be using it, so lets see!

Also I am not sure of the size, weight or capacity relative to size and weight.
the batteries have good utility disruption potential, that is, energy storage for commercial or residential applications however I do not believe they are applicable to personal transportation owing to size... they are huge.... and running temperature of several hundreds of degrees.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
the batteries have good utility disruption potential, that is, energy storage for commercial or residential applications however I do not believe they are applicable to personal transportation owing to size... they are huge.... and running temperature of several hundreds of degrees.
Plus the battery is dependent on keeping the anode and cathode separated based on the specific gravity of 3 liquids. So if one were to start driving around and stirring up the liquids the battery would not work. They are very inexpensive to make but are dependent on sitting still. Excellent for utilities or possibly residential. I've wanted to have an Ambri battery at my house since I first looked at them a couple of years ago. I doubt they will be marketing to residential any time soon though.
Sponsored