I actually prefer the tarnished look but this is good to know lol

Thanks for sharing!

wheeler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 MYLR, 2024 CTAWD
Country flag
So from info detailed in the video,the BKF and Windex application does not need to be washed with water after the process has been completed.?
No. The BKF residue can be wiped off with Windex, then Windex dry off very soon.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
No. The BKF residue can be wiped off with Windex, then Windex dry off very soon.
You shouldn't use Windex to remove Bar Keeper's Friend. That'll form salts which will bind to the steel and not dry clean. Windex is for fingerprints.

I don't know why they say to do this. It is counter to Bar Keeper's Friend instructions.

-Crissa

HyperReality

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CB650f
Country flag
You shouldn't use Windex to remove Bar Keeper's Friend. That'll form salts which will bind to the steel and not dry clean. Windex is for fingerprints.

I don't know why they say to do this. It is counter to Bar Keeper's Friend instructions.

-Crissa
Out of Spec Detailing vids are pretty biased. I've watched a few, they're basically pushing the narrative that you need to coat or wrap the truck because the default stainless steel has imperfections and dirt sticks to it. Tesla delivery centers do not recommend barkeepers friend at all, and only recommend cleaning it with an alcohol solution right now. Which I assume is what's in their detailing kit for the stainless surface on the accessory shop right now.

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
Not sure how long this would last for every time I applied this process, but I would try and see. Once a while would be okay. This process make the CT looks great, more of for shows then daily usage. It’s like putting makeup on the CT for a night out. :) For me, a normal driver and always park outside with so many contaminants in the air constantly attached my CT, I blast it as hard as I could with a 2500 psi pressure washer (electric version) using soft water(home water softener), and squeegee off and wipe with a clean towel after. I use NO SOAP. I use some Windex if needed. DONE! That is good enough for me. Next time I will try a higher power pressure washer.

cyber88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Model Y, Cybertruck
Country flag
Out of Spec Detailing vids are pretty biased. I've watched a few, they're basically pushing the narrative that you need to coat or wrap the truck because the default stainless steel has imperfections and dirt sticks to it. Tesla delivery centers do not recommend barkeepers friend at all, and only recommend cleaning it with an alcohol solution right now. Which I assume is what's in their detailing kit for the stainless surface on the accessory shop right now.
My delivery center recommended BKF and isopropyl

ideaXfactory

First Name
IdeaX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many trucks, and a Porsche
Occupation
Stainless, metals, art, polymath
I don't think it lasts. And I don't think any metals expert will sign off on this particular ammonia based Windex treatment. Not rinsing it and using a double ammonia windex finish is what he is doing. I don't think he can rinse it at this point because it will darken and/or dark spotting will probably show up by the next day.

Dedmo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S, 2022 Model X
Country flag
“Passivate” it with Citrisurf 2310. (Basically apply similar to a quick and easy wax job except rinsing and drying instead of buffing). Cleans, brightens, removes stains, and leaves it feeling like a good wax job. And makes a huge difference in the amount of fingerprints and rain spots. Read about it elsewhere on this forum and really happy with the results.
Sponsored