Any early registered Cybertruck in the Washington DC Metro area?

CTRKD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Tesla Cybertruck
Country flag
I am estimated to be in the first 11,000 registered buyers. Based upon what happened with the Model 3, that does not mean I will be eligible for the first 11,000 made most likely those will be all delivered in the Austin TX vicinity so if something is wrong it can be fixed easier. I wanted to find someone who will get an early delivery to meet up and test drive an early delivery of the Cybertruck in the Washington DC metro area. This will help me decide on if I will pull the trigger or not. Plus, it will be very cool to get to know the truck. I doubt I will purchase the Cybertruck early since I want Tesla to iron out the kinks, deliver more accessories, and possibly wait for bidirectional charging which may not be delivered until 2025 if you believe what Tesla has mentioned recently. I still haven't made a final decision on if I will pull the trigger on buying a tri-motor, 500+mile version (or whatever models they decide to deliver with a large battery). None of us have seen the final product yet, so I still don't know if it meets all of my "must haves" and "nice to have" requirements yet.
Sponsored

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
I am estimated to be in the first 11,000 registered buyers. Based upon what happened with the Model 3, that does not mean I will be eligible for the first 11,000 made most likely those will be all delivered in the Austin TX vicinity so if something is wrong it can be fixed easier. I wanted to find someone who will get an early delivery to meet up and test drive an early delivery of the Cybertruck in the Washington DC metro area. This will help me decide on if I will pull the trigger or not. Plus, it will be very cool to get to know the truck. I doubt I will purchase the Cybertruck early since I want Tesla to iron out the kinks, deliver more accessories, and possibly wait for bidirectional charging which may not be delivered until 2025 if you believe what Tesla has mentioned recently. I still haven't made a final decision on if I will pull the trigger on buying a tri-motor, 500+mile version (or whatever models they decide to deliver with a large battery). None of us have seen the final product yet, so I still don't know if it meets all of my "must haves" and "nice to have" requirements yet.
I am in the Washington DC area as well. However I am not that high (low #) on the waiting list as you.

IMO I don't expect more than a handful of delivers in 2023. Maybe mostly to employees. When the first get delivered to the DMV area might not be until late 2024? So let's hope we "see" one by the end of 2024. I will take whatever they offer (I reserved a Tri-Motor, 500 mile range).

I do feel there is a chance 400 mile range is going to be the max initially. Tesla is still working hard to tweak the production and efficiency of the 4680 batteries. I think they were counting on greater energy efficiency out of the 4680s to get that 500 mile range they promised. I really don't think they can hit that with their first versions.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Does anyone know or remember roughly how long after start of production the Telsa stores got Model 3's to show and test drive?

ninja6r

First Name
Ninja6r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, nissan leaf
Occupation
pass
Country flag
This comes up quite often and you can't compare model 3 deliveries to cybertruck. I'd compare it more to the rollout of the Y. Tesla has grown exponentially since the 3 and I don't see them sticking to the model 3 plan of only filling orders to people close by. They will load trucks onto trailers and send them to their service centers around the US. I'd say being at 11,000, if all goes smoothly, you're looking at this time next year. I'm around 13k and am planning accordingly.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
This comes up quite often and you can't compare model 3 deliveries to cybertruck. I'd compare it more to the rollout of the Y. Tesla has grown exponentially since the 3 and I don't see them sticking to the model 3 plan of only filling orders to people close by. They will load trucks onto trailers and send them to their service centers around the US. I'd say being at 11,000, if all goes smoothly, you're looking at this time next year. I'm around 13k and am planning accordingly.
I disagree. It's better to compare to the model 3 to me because the model Y was mostly model 3 which was pretty established at the time the Y rolled out.

If there was ever going to be a production hell part 2, its gonna be CT

ninja6r

First Name
Ninja6r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, nissan leaf
Occupation
pass
Country flag
I disagree. It's better to compare to the model 3 to me because the model Y was mostly model 3 which was pretty established at the time the Y rolled out.

If there was ever going to be a production hell part 2, its gonna be CT
I completely agree when it comes to producing the trucks themselves, I think the delivery portion of proximity won't matter at all.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I completely agree when it comes to producing the trucks themselves, I think the delivery portion of proximity won't matter at all.
Fingers crossed

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I predict 2,000 CT deliveries in 2023. I imagine employees, suppliers and delivery center display vehicles will get first dibs.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I was thinking intentionally, but I guess now that you bring it up. Both.
Took them about a year to get enough to intentionally stock them and run their test drive events. But refused cars built up randomly and were available pretty quickly.

-Crissa
Sponsored