Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Founder Cyberbeast , 3 Performance
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I have a Model 3 P now and I pay more for it per mo than our $35k more expensive Porsche Cayenne. Hearing CT insurance is ridiculous??? Any REAL quotes yet for anyone NOT in California would be appreciated
Perfect driving history and I’m over 50 and married so hoping it’s not crazy CT is already $122k
Sponsored

Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model Y SR, Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
It's too bad that only 12 states have Tesla insurance at this time, but if you live in one of those states it's worth giving Tesla insurance a try. I have two Model Ys on my account, both registered in Illinois. I pay less than half what State Farm was charging. I like that my premium is based on actual miles driven and my Safety Score. Safety scoring is the way Tesla measures the risk of me having an accident. It's both a measure of my driving habits, and my driving environment. One of the advantages of using FSD is that my Safety Score is not affected by FSD hard breaking, aggressive turns, forward collision warnings, or following too close. I am dinged for driving between 10PM and 4AM, not wearing a seat belt, and any "strikes" I receive for inattention. It's not difficult to maintain a high Safety Score if I engage FSD on every drive which I do now. I plan to insure my CT with Tesla, as well, although without FSD to begin with, I'll probably have trouble maintaining a high Safety Score on that vehicle.

Tesla Cybertruck Any insurance quotes yet on C/T? Tesla Safety Score

OP
OP
CGIIRL

CGIIRL

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Founder Cyberbeast , 3 Performance
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Although I’m a very safe driver Tesla doesn’t think I am. Zero accidents ever and that’s 56 years but because I’m a spirited driver. Take off fast, go around corners fast and occasionally brake hard ( going into a corner) Tesla hits me around 80-90 score. The only way to get 100 is to drive like a little old lady and tick off the drivers behind me. Kinda like FSD works. Maybe it’s because I have a 3 Performance? But I drive safe, I don’t crash nor do I cause others to crash. If traffic allows , I speed a little.
Sponsored