Advertisement

Any warranty issue when installing my own sound system in my Cybertruck?

bimerguy

First Name
cw
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberturck to be
Country flag
If I want to install my own sound system (Speakers, Sub, Amp) when I receive my CT...
1) Will it void any warranty?
2) Can it be done as reasonably easy as typical new vehicles or is it next to impossible since not Tesla sound system?
3) will Tesla sound output easily feed other systems? Kinda expect it will with Bluetooth, etc but, want experienced Tesla owners advice.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F350 Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius, 2021 Tesla Cybertruck (reserved)
Occupation
Nuclear Operations Analyst
Country flag
If I want to install my own sound system (Speakers, Sub, Amp) when I receive my CT...
2) Can it be done as reasonably easy as typical new vehicles or is it next to impossible since not Tesla sound system?
3) will Tesla sound output easily feed other systems? Kinda expect it will with Bluetooth, etc but, want experienced Tesla owners advice.
Teslas have great sound and the CT may have really great sound. It seems premature to already be planning on shit canning the stock system. Having said that, I don't think it'd be easy to upgrade the amp, for sure. I'd bet you'd be having to use the speaker wires as an input to the amp rather than the Red/White connectors that are more typically used. The speakers could probably be replaced but in my MY, they are already really good speakers. I can't imagine finding speakers with such better quality that it would be worth replacing them. The sub... Now, base is always the weak point, it seems. However, without a clear amp signal, you would be basically just making loud noise rather than actual pleasing sound.

I would deem this endeavor unnecessary and probably quite a bit more difficult than a vehicle with a regular double DIN radio replacement/amp install. I was a radio installer for a place called Circuit City back in the very early 90's... I'm 100% certain things are different these days.

OP

bimerguy

First Name
cw
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberturck to be
Country flag
Teslas have great sound and the CT may have really great sound. It seems premature to already be planning on shit canning the stock system. Having said that, I don't think it'd be easy to upgrade the amp, for sure. I'd bet you'd be having to use the speaker wires as an input to the amp rather than the Red/White connectors that are more typically used. The speakers could probably be replaced but in my MY, they are already really good speakers. I can't imagine finding speakers with such better quality that it would be worth replacing them. The sub... Now, base is always the weak point, it seems. However, without a clear amp signal, you would be basically just making loud noise rather than actual pleasing sound.

I would deem this endeavor unnecessary and probably quite a bit more difficult than a vehicle with a regular double DIN radio replacement/amp install. I was a radio installer for a place called Circuit City back in the very early 90's... I'm 100% certain things are different these days.
Good advice. Are your comments based on a Standard Sound System with Base model or an upgrade? And do you have a Tesla with upgrade or standard system?

Migizi

Reaction score
Vehicles
prius
Country flag
Planning to replace a sound system on perhaps the most sofisticated and trechnologically advanced automobile in the world almost two years before its release? I know I would void your warranty just for speaking such blasphemy.

on another note - WHY? Tesla’s sound system is better than BMW’s antiquated technology... and yes, I have had several BMW’s.

OK, I’m done busting your chops, but seriously, why?

Last edited:
OP

bimerguy

First Name
cw
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberturck to be
Country flag
Please understand I've not had a Tesla and don't know what the standard offer is for base model and if upgrade sounds system is over priced I'm considering my options to get the best value for my money.

So, does a Tesla base vehicle price include a good sound system?

Advertisement

Advertisement