Anyone here live in Texas and can let us know prices?

Frankenblob

First Name
Frank, USA is the BEST. Communism SUX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag
"...Spot electricity prices in Texas’ West hub spiked above the grid’s $9,000 per megawatt-hour cap. Power typically costs $25 per megawatt-hour. Fox news excerpt.

I just watched a lady who is quite conversant with data/numbers/markets... and she estimated that the spike in prices for electricity will come out to about $1100.00 - yes one thousand one hundred dollars- per Kw. So if it comes to pass and the average household uses 30Kw in a day, having a $33,000.00 electrical bill, for a days useage, would be STAGGERING for some.

I truly hope this DOES NOT happen.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Why not?

It would force them to come face to face with how spot prices aren't real and their reliability system isn't.

Also, since it's a spot price, it won't happen the entire month. But still, it would affect nearly everyone.

-Crissa

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
The above is not cool. I'll take our system given the one off nature of this as opposed to the " organized " chaos many other people put up with on a constant basis based on where they choose to live... I'd rather keep what I moved here for and away from the chaos, thank you very much.

I currently pay just over .08 USD per kWh... I don't expect that to change nor to have to take out a loan to pay my bill for the last week. Texas doesn't work that way... This said, I'll get back to the collective if I'm going to run a GoFundMe at the end of the month! ?

Sponsored