Garrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Dual Motor w/ FSD
Occupation
Programmer Analyst
Country flag
I've been playing with some 3d renderings and a polished CT is starting to appeal to me. I'm thinking this wouldn't be super difficult to pull off...

Thoughts /downsides?

Tesla Cybertruck Anyone polishing their Stainless Steel Cybertruck to a mirror like finish? cyber dreams delta max preview
Sponsored

GBall

First Name
Garrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Dual Motor w/ FSD
Occupation
Programmer Analyst
Country flag
Updated with polished Cybertruck rendering by @GBall

Tesla Cybertruck Polished Mirror Finish.png

Polishing stainless steel to a mirror like finish takes some effort, even more so than aluminum because it's a harder metal. A small Airstream travel trailer will take roughly 200 hours of labor. Anyone plan on going this route instead of a custom wrap?

23AA9F02-4BE0-4465-9A55-7B2F63BF5057.jpeg
FBE90728-90DE-41CE-94B8-ECAE1FB87507.jpeg
Wow! I had no idea it could be so labor-intensive!!

Revoltlution

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius (CyberSlug)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm considering letting my children put artwork on the exoskeleton with dry erase markers, it might wipe clean like a SS fridge.
I've got a deal with my 6yr old. She can paint anything anywhere on my CT. Expecting pink unicorns and glitter.
#stockCT

mprimo

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, BMW X6
Occupation
US Government
Country flag
The vehicle wrap industry is gonna get a boost. I'm wrapping my Cybertruck like every several months. Zombies one day, American Flag for 4th of July, Santa's sled for X-mas.....can't wait

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I’m not a fan of flashy things, besides when the zombies come I want to be discrete and not draw attention.
I am with you however....

No fan of flashy things, yet buying to most conspicuous vehicle on the planet!

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I'm no wrap expert (although I did apply a band-aid on my shin just the other week) but thinking a completely flat-paneled surface like the CT, which would likely require almost no stretching or pulling or form-fitting of vinyl over oddly shaped and curved surfaces, might simplify wrap jobs by a lot? And therefore maybe reduce the usually high cost?

I was thinking that as well. Wondering if you could use a roll of self paper for an ever changing wrap during the holidays (Halloween orange, St. Paddy's Day green, etc.). Cheap. Easy to apply as for the lack of curves. Could paint designs and when the holiday is over you pull off and trash it. My only concern will be the finish. As someone pointed out it may not be a mirror-smooth finish and harder for alternative wraps to adhere.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I was thinking that as well. Wondering if you could use a roll of self paper for an ever changing wrap during the holidays (Halloween orange, St. Paddy's Day green, etc.). Cheap. Easy to apply as for the lack of curves. Could paint designs and when the holiday is over you pull off and trash it. My only concern will be the finish. As someone pointed out it may not be a mirror-smooth finish and harder for alternative wraps to adhere.
I was actually shocked from some of the shots from the CyberTruck on display at the museum how curved the front hood and windshield are.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
I was actually shocked from some of the shots from the CyberTruck on display at the museum how curved the front hood and windshield are.
Running the 3mm stainless steel panels through a roller to get a curve in the CT panels is easy. The steel comes in a large roll when it's transported. I thought I could see a slight curve top to bottom in the door panels, but it's hard to tell from videos.

The nose of the CT is certainly curved, thats plain to see.

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Running the 3mm stainless steel panels through a roller to get a curve in the CT panels is easy. The steel comes in a large roll when it's transported. I though I could see a slight curve top to bottom in the door panels, but it's hard to tell from videos.

The nose of the CT is certainly curved, thats plain to see.
Lighter gauge metal can be transported by roll. This 3mm Stainless Steel would be transported as flat stock. Probably 10' x4'. I can't stress enough how thick, heavy and hard to work with this stuff is. It's not what people refer to as sheet metal. It's Stainless Steel 1/8" plate stock. Yes it can be rolled to create curvature. That's how they form it to make rockets. But, it would never be shipped in rolls.

Matt Hanrath

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck RN112913462, Hummer, and a Ford Explorer
Occupation
Retired HVAC Tech
Country flag
"Hell NO", .... What are you thinking! ... I love the rough off road look better than "a prissy"... "OMG a scratch" ... "What would my friends think?" ... "Now I got to buff it out again" ... "get real!" ... The cyber truck is made for work, & bad-ass, roughnecks, rednecks and beatniks! It is made to get scratched, hammered, and shot up... All other Tesla's are made for those that love their "polished car" ....

Matt Hanrath

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired HVAC Tech
Country flag
I plan on leaving my 30X SS Cybertruck exactly as it comes out of the Texas(?) factory. No wrap, polish, etc.
Hell Yea! .... What are they thinking! ... I love the rough off road look better than "a prissy"... "OMG a scratch" ... "What would my friends think?" ... "Now I got to buff it out again" ... "get real!" ...
The cyber truck is made for work, & bad-ass, roughnecks, rednecks and beatniks!
It is made to get scratched, hammered, and shot up...
All other Tesla's are made for those that love their "polished car" ....

Matt Hanrath

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired HVAC Tech
Country flag
I think it would be like camo. Almost make the truck disappear. But wonder about reflecting sunlight into other drivers eyes? Reflecting light would surely give your position away...
Hell Yea! .... What are they thinking! ... I love the rough off road look better than "a prissy"... "OMG a scratch" ... "What would my friends think?" ... "Now I got to buff it out again" ... "get real!" ...

Matt Hanrath

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired HVAC Tech
Country flag
Exactly this. These will be the quickest, easiest wrap jobs ever. But I intend to keep mine bare-naked no maintenance steel.

Matt Hanrath

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired HVAC Tech
Country flag
I will probably wrap a portion of the CT to customize it specifically for me.
Besides, when it’s next to 5-10 others in a parking lot I will know which one is mine.
:cool:
By the time you get yours you won't have to find it! ... It will find you! Driving itself to you ... the ride is pimping you!
No CT owner needs to "PIMP their ride"
This truck is made to serve us! ... We are not wasting our time "serving" a polished finish! Hell NO!
Sponsored

Last edited: