Anyone work for Tesla? Career Application Question

myrickma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck
Country flag
Does anyone work at Tesla or has gone through the process that can answer an application question?

I applied for a job a few days ago (Sunday 1/9/2022), went through, showed up on my careers page.
Then today (1/13/2022), the job posting was taken down (ok, normal practice) but so was my application on my careers page?
I check almost daily, and the posting wasn't up very long before I applied.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!
Sponsored

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
Does anyone work at Tesla or has gone through the process that can answer an application question?

I applied for a job a few days ago (Sunday 1/9/2022), went through, showed up on my careers page.
Then today (1/13/2022), the job posting was taken down (ok, normal practice) but so was my application on my careers page?
I check almost daily, and the posting wasn't up very long before I applied.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!
I do not work at Tesla, and I am not familiar with Tesla's hiring process, but I do have significant hiring experience at the enterprise level and am very familiar with HRIS systems similar to what Tesla uses.

This could be for a number of reasons:

1. The job could have been listed, but then later not approved (or approval revoked) to hire for the position. Typically finance-related (bean counters gonna count beans).
  2. An internal candidate may have arisen that was previously unknown, and Tesla may have a policy of considering all internal persons prior to posting externally
  3. The job ad is older than it seemed, and an offer was accepted by a candidate who had already made it through.
  4. They're going to change something about the role, and revoked the old posting until they determine the new one.

I can say with confidence that there are not really situations in which job listings are removed prior to accepted offer by a candidate OR one of the above change-based reasons.

Also note, and everyone hiring right now will back me up on this, the advantage is to the job seeker right now. Employers are scrapping over good people in skilled and unskilled roles. There is no dearth of people applying for jobs, and there is no untapped pool of people "not working."

The bottleneck is 100% how fast the hiring and onboarding teams can feasibly work.

OP
OP
myrickma

myrickma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck
Country flag
I do not work at Tesla, and I am not familiar with Tesla's hiring process, but I do have significant hiring experience at the enterprise level and am very familiar with HRIS systems similar to what Tesla uses.

This could be for a number of reasons:

1. The job could have been listed, but then later not approved (or approval revoked) to hire for the position. Typically finance-related (bean counters gonna count beans).
  2. An internal candidate may have arisen that was previously unknown, and Tesla may have a policy of considering all internal persons prior to posting externally
  3. The job ad is older than it seemed, and an offer was accepted by a candidate who had already made it through.
  4. They're going to change something about the role, and revoked the old posting until they determine the new one.

I can say with confidence that there are not really situations in which job listings are removed prior to accepted offer by a candidate OR one of the above change-based reasons.

Also note, and everyone hiring right now will back me up on this, the advantage is to the job seeker right now. Employers are scrapping over good people in skilled and unskilled roles. There is no dearth of people applying for jobs, and there is no untapped pool of people "not working."

The bottleneck is 100% how fast the hiring and onboarding teams can feasibly work.
Thanks for the insight!

My first impression was #1 or #2 (I've unfortunately been on this end before after I had done multiple interviews with other companies).
#4 I did not think of and makes a lot of sense, so I will continue to keep an eye out.

I'm connected to a Tesla recruiter on LinkedIn, would it be inappropriate to reach out and ask if they might be able to give me some info?

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
Thanks for the insight!

My first impression was #1 or #2 (I've unfortunately been on this end before after I had done multiple interviews with other companies).
#4 I did not think of and makes a lot of sense, so I will continue to keep an eye out.

I'm connected to a Tesla recruiter on LinkedIn, would it be inappropriate to reach out and ask if they might be able to give me some info?
If you believe the recruiter is related to the position or posting, yes. If you're not sure, the worst that happens is they ignore you IMO. I don't think anyone would see it as super negative.
Sponsored