Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Maybe I should be posting this on Aptera Owners Club, but here goes. Aptera was just awarded a 21 million dollar grant from the California Energy Comission. This, along with the 8 million raised through crowdfunding reservations, gives them over 29 million with which they'll make significant progress towards delivering their Solar EV. If I weren't so committed to a certain EV (can't mention which, but it rhymes with Fibertruck), I would for sure reserve one of these. I would really dig a car that I might never need to recharge! Holy Cow, I might order one yet.
Sponsored

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If they can be profitable producing cars then I'll be happy.

OP
OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
CT and Aptera should do a joint crash test (head on collision).
Cybertruck: buff out blemish in 3mm hardened cold rolled stainless steel.
Aptera: They're still using a vacuum to collect enough dust to fill one bucket.
Sorry, carbon fiber is cool and all, but is no match for American cold rolled SS.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Yea Aptera is super cool, honestly debating on it vs CT
I also like the fix it yourself aspect/making it super easy to get parts.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Cybertruck: buff out blemish in 3mm hardened cold rolled stainless steel.
Aptera: They're still using a vacuum to collect enough dust to fill one bucket.
Sorry, carbon fiber is cool and all, but is no match for American cold rolled SS.
Either way, the driver is fine, which is what matters.

I do not plan on crashing, and have never needed crumple zones, so I don't mind having the lightest at the best function.

-Crissa

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Either way, the driver is fine, which is what matters.
I bet CT's driver wouldn't have to study for the test.

Tesla Cybertruck Aptera news 1681696406131

Frankly, Aptera would be fine for 90% of my solo drives and the efficiency is really attractive but my low rider convertible has been eating dust since I bought it because wife does not get in it. Aptera will have the same faith in my driveway. Avoiding potholes on a three wheeler may be a challenge too. Otherwise it will be a perfect choice for many. If they can make them, they won't have any problem selling them especially if they can lower the price down the road.

NJturtlePower

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3 Stealth Performance
Country flag
I'll say it again.... Aperta is EV toy, nothing more. IF they deliver ANYTHING before going bankrupt (again) that will be it's only success. 🤷‍♂️

Regardless of the small cult following, nothing with 2-doors and 2-seats will (or does) sell in any volumes, especially in the US market.... FACT!

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Maybe I should be posting this on Aptera Owners Club, but here goes. Aptera was just awarded a 21 million dollar grant from the California Energy Comission. This, along with the 8 million raised through crowdfunding reservations, gives them over 29 million with which they'll make significant progress towards delivering their Solar EV. If I weren't so committed to a certain EV (can't mention which, but it rhymes with Fibertruck), I would for sure reserve one of these. I would really dig a car that I might never need to recharge! Holy Cow, I might order one yet.
This just reaffirms my understanding that there are a lot of people who really don’t have a need for a truck that are getting the CT either for its capabilities and the fact that it’s electric or for its looks. Which is fine, to each there own, but your two options of either an aptera or a CT are wildly on different ends of the EV spectrum.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I'll say it again.... Aperta is EV toy, nothing more. IF they deliver ANYTHING before going bankrupt (again) that will be it's only success. 🤷‍♂️

Regardless of the small cult following, nothing with 2-doors and 2-seats will (or does) sell in any volumes, especially in the US market.... FACT!
Perhaps that's because no one tries to sell any, in any volume. Why is it so hard to get a new Miata at MSRP?

This just reaffirms my understanding that there are a lot of people who really don’t have a need for a truck that are getting the CT either for its capabilities and the fact that it’s electric or for its looks. Which is fine, to each there own, but your two options of either an aptera or a CT are wildly on different ends of the EV spectrum.
Exactly why they go so well together.

-Crissa

OP
OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
For sure. I'm cuckoo for Cybertruck, I'm bursting to get it. On the other hand, my wife's car is getting on in years, so when I think about what to get her next, it's either a MY or an aptera. FYI, the aptera is wildly the other side of any spectrum. There ain't nothin' like it.

WA-CyberDriver

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Dual Motor
Country flag
I look at the Aptera and CT as a 2-car family solution. The Aptera for daily driving and short jaunts/errands... grocery shopping (We live a few miles out of town with a minimum of 6 miles at highway speeds every trip. So, we'll get the benefits of Aptera's low CoD at speed every time we take it out.) And the CT as a second daily driver and a versatile vehicle for hauling stuff and travel... and hopefully trailering.

And an update: Crowdfunding for Aptera is now up to ~$13.5M.

P.S. Taking delivery on a new Model Y on 26 April as a gap vehicle to the CT. Yeah!!

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
I look at the Aptera and CT as a 2-car family solution. The Aptera for daily driving and short jaunts/errands... grocery shopping (We live a few miles out of town with a minimum of 6 miles at highway speeds every trip. So, we'll get the benefits of Aptera's low CoD at speed every time we take it out.) And the CT as a second daily driver and a versatile vehicle for hauling stuff and travel... and hopefully trailering.

And an update: Crowdfunding for Aptera is now up to ~$13.5M.

P.S. Taking delivery on a new Model Y on 26 April as a gap vehicle to the CT. Yeah!!
Considering this option as well. I would have sell the Y when getting the CT. I have an ICE Truck that I use infrequently due to MPG and the option of a Mini Copper for most of my current driving. I like the idea of the Aptera but I can't get my partner to agree to it . The CT is all mine and she wants something more like the Nobe but is worried about a 3 wheeler.
Sponsored