Are you ready for "limited" Foundation Series to be done?

Are you ready for foundation series to be done?

• Total voters

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Well?
Sponsored

carsly

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
The Foundation Series has only been on sale for six months. My guess is Tesla will keep selling Foundation Series through year-end 2024 and then....

....release the regular trucks, but....

....at higher prices due to persistent inflation and plenty of demand.

That $80K AWD is now $90K and Cyberbeast is $110K instead of $100K. Technically, this will make them cheaper than the Foundation Series, so good for anyone waiting, but they will not be as inexpensive as people may have hoped because it will be a year and half after start of production.

Worried about losing the tax credit for AWD? Tesla will just lease them and take the $7,500 commercial ev tax credit into account on leases like everyone else. Added bonus is that means the tax credit would also be available on the beast if you lease.

Single motor in 2025? probably not. Come back in 2026 and it will be $69,420.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
The Foundation Series has only been on sale for six months. My guess is Tesla will keep selling Foundation Series through year-end 2024 and then....

That $80K AWD is now $90K and Cyberbeast is $110K instead of $100K. Technically, this will make them cheaper than the Foundation Series, so good for anyone waiting, but they will not be as inexpensive as people may have hoped because it will be a year and half after start of production.

Worried about losing the tax credit for AWD? Tesla will just lease them and take the $7,500 commercial ev tax credit into account on leases like everyone else. Added bonus is that means the tax credit would also be available on the beast if you lease.

I don't think Tesla lets people buy out leases anymore so they?

carsly

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
Google says this, but i am sure that number is much higher in May lol

Tesla Cybertruck Are you ready for "limited" Foundation Series to be done? IMG_0074

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
I’m glad you started a poll on this. I was thinking of doing it anyways. I don’t know whether Tesla sees this forum, but if they do, this is one important poll that I hope they see.

I think Tesla released FS not to make money but to buy time to ramp up. Such a genius move but a terrible torture to CT fans. I guess beggars are not choosers, even when the beggars have $120K!!

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Wa
Wasn't that decision because they want to use all their cars as robo taxis when the time comes? Also, if they didn't do that loophole on anything else. Why would they start now? I thought the loophole was about battery composition. Not price.

I have no idea though tbh

Tony Roe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I placed my over 3 years ago when the price was at 60k, at public release time they went to 80k, still a possibility with the PJ $7500 rebate. But if & when I get my Email to order at 90k, that’s NOT Happening !!!! It’s Way over the Red Line ! I’m just a Retired working Slob, if nothing changes for the Better Soon I will have all to do to Survive Normal Living !🤯

Thank You PJ !

T

Tony2times

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD
Country flag

Anyone who didn’t opt for the foundation series will be waiting forever and a day to get a “regular priced” truck. I don’t expect the foundation series to end anytime soon as they are selling well with the premium. The people who hold out will end up paying more whether it’s adjusted premium on MSRP when the time finally comes or just by missing out on an amazing vehicle because of a “premium” that actually amounts to only $4-5k.

Gundo

First Name
Gundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Series Cybertruck
Country flag
Nobody knows what the option pack for the Foundation Series will cost when the gen pop version is released. Anything written here and elsewhere is pure speculation. FS for the Win.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Anyone who didn’t opt for the foundation series will be waiting forever and a day to get a “regular priced” truck. I don’t expect the foundation series to end anytime soon as they are selling well with the premium. The people who hold out will end up paying more whether it’s adjusted premium on MSRP when the time finally comes or just by missing out on an amazing vehicle because of a “premium” that actually amounts to only $4-5k.
In what world would it be 4-5k? 20k plus tax. + Lost tax credits = >30k. And really just getting a bunch of accessories we dont want.

There are ppl doing mental gymnastics at the Olympic level in here.

If we want to do the mental gymnastics the other way, investing that money now could provide returns by the time the real truck comes out and lower the price even more. Also, (mental front flip) rates might be better.

Reactions: REM

Tony2times

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD
Country flag
In what world would it be 4-5k? 20k plus tax. + Lost tax credits = >30k. And really just getting a bunch of accessories we dont want.

There are ppl doing mental gymnastics at the Olympic level in here.

If we want to do the mental gymnastics the other way, investing that money now could provide returns by the time the real truck comes out and lower the price even more. Also, (mental front flip) rates might be better.
No “mental” shit here. That’s your problem if you don’t want the accessories. After you subtract all the shit you get for the $20k premium it’s an easier pill to swallow. At the end of the day, I’m driving the CT and you are not. There’s a price to pay for that and to me that price amounts to 4-5k.

Longranger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GTI
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This poll cracks me up. Why would anyone, other than buyers who seriously exceeded their financial means buying the FS want the FS to continue?

If you are wealthy and own a lot of Tesla stock you should want a fast ramp up that lowers cost per unit so the CT is affordable to more people. That is how you grow market share that drives long term profitability.

If you are not wealthy any 100K vehicle is a terrible use of your hard earned $. If 100K sounds good to you you are wealthy by definition of 90% of the population.

If CT prices stay where they are or go up from here the early FUD that the CT would have trouble exceeding sales of the S and X will come true. That may sound great to those searching for exclusivity. It would be bad news for Tesla and the buying public.
Sponsored