Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck; Lexus; Nissan
Occupation
Independent Business Owner
Country flag
According to this thread: https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...-trims-and-locations-as-of-april-27-2020.814/ Arizona holds 6th place in the top 10 states for Cybertruck Pre-Orders at 3.36%. With dual motor and tri-motor versions at an almost even split with a slight edge for the dual motor version. Those two electric trucks will have between 300 & 500 miles of range. Arizona has on average 299 days of sunshine per year. With the solar power option for an additional 15 miles per day and with fold out solar wings generating 30 to 40 miles per day, it looks like Arizona will be a great test environment for real data!
Sponsored

OP
OP

MarsRover1

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck; Lexus; Nissan
Occupation
Independent Business Owner
Country flag
Correction, 5th place.

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
Yes,
I will be one of those AZ examples. My twist is that I will be using the CT as a retirement vehicle (in 4-6 years). I will be charging using solar PVs at home and possibly V2G etc.
It should be mentioned that AZ is only Hell during the summer but how the CT can manage cooling, keeping the vault cool and adapt its height for older folks, allow for old retinas when moving gaze from road to rear/side video screens, ease of using touch screen, parking etc. is important.
Another interesting consideration is reliability and minimal service for a vehicle. Folks on fixed income really are abused by surprise expenses. The possibility that a CT may only need tires every half decade or so and no other service or replacement (no oil, gas etc.) for decades is smart.
FSD may also pay for itself as we approach that age where our driving skills are greatly diminished.

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
In addition, there may be Tesla mobility carts designed for easy loading into the vault.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Yes,
I will be one of those AZ examples. My twist is that I will be using the CT as a retirement vehicle (in 4-6 years). I will be charging using solar PVs at home and possibly V2G etc.
It should be mentioned that AZ is only Hell during the summer but how the CT can manage cooling, keeping the vault cool and adapt its height for older folks, allow for old retinas when moving gaze from road to rear/side video screens, ease of using touch screen, parking etc. is important.
Another interesting consideration is reliability and minimal service for a vehicle. Folks on fixed income really are abused by surprise expenses. The possibility that a CT may only need tires every half decade or so and no other service or replacement (no oil, gas etc.) for decades is smart.
FSD may also pay for itself as we approach that age where our driving skills are greatly diminished.
How about the ability to remotely have the vehicle set the environment to a desired temp minutes before you walk up. Man, there are TONS of places to go off roading in AZ.

Last edited:

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Would love to see an adaption of the old 1976 Monte Carlo swivel bucket seat option for easy entry and exit. This was a very innovative idea. My buddy drove one in high school and it had this option. It was super practical and made sliding into the drivers seat very convenient.

Tesla Cybertruck Arizona is the 5th of the top 10 states of Cybertruck Pre-Order F22CA6F7-E63C-47A7-9F9F-815F5A6C73B2

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Would love to see an adaption of the old 1976 Monte Carlo swivel bucket seat option for easy entry and exit. This was a very innovative idea. My buddy drove one in high school and it had this option. It was super practical and made sliding into the drivers seat very convenient.

F22CA6F7-E63C-47A7-9F9F-815F5A6C73B2.jpeg
My daughter uses a wheelchair and we have a seat like that which also comes out of the door and lowers down for access in our Sienna. I emailed Tesla asking about handicap access months ago, but never heard back. I never saw a seat like that in a Monte. Pretty cool.

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Maybe tesla will have a feature where the vented seats can blow enough air to act as an air bearing for ease of getting in and out(J/K)! but if those seats can flow cold air in August then wow. Also, air cooling in the steering wheel. But yes Sirfun, it is a common practice for Arizonans to pre-start their cars to cool them down.
It would only take Elon and his team a day or so in AZ or death valley to design for brutal heat and I hope they do the same for brutal cold and rain forests! Bug zapper for mosquitos?

Boomer

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Chevy Colorado
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I live in Prescott. Lots of off-roading in Northern AZ. My temperatures have ranged from 109° to -9°. Heating consumes lots of kWhs. My solar farm is in, my PowerWalls should be here in 2 weeks and have my 100A circuit pulled into the garage. Now just need my tri-motor with camping and solar options.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I've had a M3 LR since April, in NW Phoenix. I haven't been through "winter" yet but the car handles summers amazingly well. Far better than ICE. I pre-start the climate control and I'm shocked that in four minutes it has gone from 150-some to under 90. I give my other vehicle 6-10 minutes and it's still hot. The Tesla cools at a ridiculous rate. It pulls just over 3kW to do that, which is about half of what our big house AC pulls.

I'd really like to be the first CT to pull into Crown King, particularly over the one lane bridge, if you're familiar with that Rush song.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'd really like to be the first CT to pull into Crown King, particularly over the one lane bridge, if you're familiar with that Rush song.
Was quite tempted to name my Model Y "Barchetta".

Doug McAllister

First Name
Douglas L McAllister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here in Lake Havasu we get more heat than anywhere else except Death Vally, but there isn’t a city there. Can’t wait for the CT, wondering if anyone else here is from Havasu.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Here in Lake Havasu we get more heat than anywhere else except Death Vally, but there isn’t a city there. Can’t wait for the CT, wondering if anyone else here is from Havasu.
I got my worse sunburn ever at lake Havasu. Almost eaten by a foot long scorpion while hiding from the sun under a tank in Death Valley. And used to live in the place second hottest to Death Valley, Bullhead city.

I freaking hate snow however.
Sponsored