g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
score one, limited, point for @Gurule92:)

deduct two, full, points for @Gurule92 putting a dog in bed of a truck:cry:
Off topic very personal share here:

Lost my young golden pup in the back seat with windows down. Christmas morning pulling into the dog park. Mind you…

Never ever again with down windows. I miss Hendrix more than anyone will ever know, and it’s entirely my fault. He had a seat belt, he seemingly u buckled it.

Massive PSA, do not put the windows all the way down. Do not put your dog in the bed! Please please. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. It’s been almost 6 years, and I still think about it all the time.

Edit for pic. Long live the Drix. This was 4 days before he passed. We did this all the time.

Tesla Cybertruck At this point, we need a list of all the broken promises! 😉 IMG_7516
Sponsored

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Off topic very personal share here:

Lost my young golden pup in the back seat with windows down. Christmas morning pulling into the dog park. Mind you…

Never ever again with down windows. I miss Hendrix more than anyone will ever know, and it’s entirely my fault. He had a seat belt, he seemingly u buckled it.

Massive PSA, do not put the windows all the way down. Do not put your dog in the bed! Please please. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. It’s been almost 6 years, and I still think about it all the time.

Edit for pic. Long live the Drix. This was 4 days before he passed. We did this all the time.

IMG_7516.jpeg
Wow that’s sad! 🙁

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
You wanted door handles?!

Here we go with the pricing conjecture again

5 seat is a legit one

Proportions were a promise?

Front light bar might be a legit one

Sail pillar storage is most certainly one

No promises were made about the frunk that I recall

They just built the wade pit so we will see about floating.

I counted 3 things that might actually be considered broken promises.
I do consider no side mirrors a promise.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
The first two were never promised. Just hype beasts hoping.
The last one is still the same as original.
Yes, just so many disappointments as they make this "PR" truck instead of functionality and usability like other brands are doing that use feedback from customers instead of CEO whims (hey let's make it float, hey save all the money on the interior so we can have a ramp for a quad at the PR event).

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
I’m curious: what’s your use case?

I just don’t see a lot of utility in the ramp.

Seems like one of those things that *sounds* useful on first impression, but soon enough is ignored.
Here's the generalized use case for a ramp: You have to load items into the bed. The items have the following characteristics: Too heavy to lift into the bed, but light enough to be rolled up a ramp into the bed.

Here is my specific use case that occurs about twice a week: Load and unload 900 pounds of musical equipment (keyboards and amplifiers and associated materials in storage cases) into the truck with no assistance for other people.

I DO see a lot of utility in the ramp. So...

If the CT doesn't have a ramp, I'll add one.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Here is my specific use case that occurs about twice a week: Load and unload 900 pounds of musical equipment (keyboards and amplifiers and associated materials in storage cases) into the truck with no assistance for other people.

I DO see a lot of utility in the ramp. So...
thanks

question for you

on one view, the ramp only ‘works’ if the CT is in rearward kneeling mode**, so the bed is slanted. I suppose a rubberized matt would be enough to make certain your gear storage cases don’t slide backwards? (Unclear if the slant is material enough for things like heavy boxes to slide.)

I do think your use case, of things that won’t slide/roll down the bed, and *need* to be handtrucked up, is a good one

**never clear if the ramp articulation and length of ramp would require kneeling/slant to reach the ground - if only for achieving a useable break-over angle of the bed-to-tailgate joint

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
My $100 deposit may not worth as much but it is still refundable. I didn’t make any real commitment to Tesla for CT and the only thing I can expect in return is making a real effort to make the truck which they have done. There are a lot of things that I would have liked to be different about CT but at the end, if the total package is an improvement for me, I will go for it. If it is not, I won’t. Neither me nor Elon will lose sleep over it one way or another. Many EVs that collect deposit for reservation, don’t even make it to production. It looks like CT will. Even if I never end up in one, it will be sweet, seeing more of them on the road.

Regarding ramp, If I can rig a winch in back of the bed, I would definitely use the ramp to load my motorcycle and other heavy items. I do load and unload everything alone and most days I think I am getting too old for this … but if I had the winch and the ramp, I may sing a different tune;

Last edited:

israndy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Mitsubishi I-Miev, 2x 2007 Vectrix VX-1, 2000 Honda Insight, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired from IT
Country flag
I think the existence of the driver's display was an implied promise, but nothing in a demo is an actual promise. The price was what got me excited, easily $20K under what I woulda expected, so they still have time to bring it in $20K under what I would expect to pay today (Escalade anyone?)

The ramp would allow motorcycles and ATVs easy access, I can see taking them to the dunes in my CT. Would be sad if the ramp is lost, but I haven't heard anything about the CyberATV in all this time either.

MidGate was a Maybe response to a Tweet, I'd rather have the vault than a MidGate, certainly can't operate both at the same time if one rolls past the other. Although, I did envision sleeping in the bed I am curious about his tweet saying the bed would have HVAC, perhaps he means thru the slit window over the rear seats. I had HOPED there would be a way to move between the cab and bed w/o getting out and getting wet but that window is not human (or dog) sized.

Solar wings haven't been mentioned but again, response of Maybe to a tweet, not something that was shown. The original also had a video mirror, so when the vault was closed there was something up there to look at, not sure if that made it.

I did like the look of the original where the bumpers were shorter and fit under the bed and under the frunk, perhaps the final design is the only way to conform with US law, like the side mirrors.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I’m curious: what’s your use case?

I just don’t see a lot of utility in the ramp.
Probably not a mass market need but I have a niche case that makes me really want it! Being 52yo and loading my KTM Dirtbike after riding 4-6 hours of gnarly single track in 90* weather - aka everything is sore and weak!. The adjustable suspension and ramp appeal a whole lot!

Qishrink

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y. Cybertruck on order
Occupation
Pediatric Emergency Room Psychiatrist
Country flag
- no door handles... we were promised door handles!
- price is not gonna be $50k (Elon's tweet) #true
- now 5 seater instead of 6
- proportions (looks a bit more shoebox now) 🔥
- haven't seen hide nor hair of
... front light bar,
... any sail pillar storage, or
... <edit> the Ramp
- the frunk is junk
- it's probably not evan going to FLOAT!
😂
WHY??? Just go buy a Toyota instead. Foolishness.
Sponsored