Australian Model Y Orders are NOW OPEN! - Get a MY instead of a Cybertruck while you wait

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Australian Model Y Orders are NOW OPEN! - Get a MY instead of a Cybertruck while you wait MY.PNG

As of this morning you can now order a Tesla Model Y in Australia (Yay!):
  • Model Y Rear Wheel Drive with 455km range - $77,821
  • Model Y Performance Dual Motor 514km range - $110,026
for delivery between November 2022 - February 2023 in Australia here:

https://www.tesla.com/en_au/modely/design#overview

Of course we had to get a MY Performance in white with white interior before posting here! 😂 😂

Now I will finally get my fingers on a Tesla, maybe even this year still, seeing it will likely take until 2025 before we will see the Cybertruck in Australia.

I'm hoping the performance version will come with all the latest castings that they do now in Shanghai, but it's probably unlikely that it will have a structural battery pack. I think overall it's fairly good value given the low Aussie dollar, and considering fuel prices here and overall inflation even on ICE vehicles. Plan is to at least keep it until the Cybertrucks come as it will hold it's value despite putting kilometers on it, or maybe even keep it long term depending on how things work out. Charging will be predominately off-grid at home off 30kW of solar, but our nearest new super charger some 400km away should at least get us to the city and back now without long charging wait times. Since change of federal government last month, there's also a few more charging stations planned in the short term, so probably a decent time to make a switch to an EV overall here, in the good old land down under.
Sponsored

dtruckman

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Accura MDX Hybrid, 2005 Dodge Dakota 4X4
Occupation
retired
Country flag
MY.PNG

As of this morning you can now order a Tesla Model Y in Australia (Yay!):
  • Model Y Rear Wheel Drive with 455km range - $77,821
  • Model Y Performance Dual Motor 514km range - $110,026
for delivery between November 2022 - February 2023 in Australia here:

https://www.tesla.com/en_au/modely/design#overview

Of course we had to get a MY Performance in white with white interior before posting here! 😂 😂

Now I will finally get my fingers on a Tesla, maybe even this year still, seeing it will likely take until 2025 before we will see the Cybertruck in Australia.

I'm hoping the performance version will come with all the latest castings that they do now in Shanghai, but it's probably unlikely that it will have a structural battery pack. I think overall it's fairly good value given the low Aussie dollar, and considering fuel prices here and overall inflation even on ICE vehicles. Plan is to at least keep it until the Cybertrucks come as it will hold it's value despite putting kilometers on it, or maybe even keep it long term depending on how things work out. Charging will be predominately off-grid at home off 30kW of solar, but our nearest new super charger some 400km away should at least get us to the city and back now without long charging wait times. Since change of federal government last month, there's also a few more charging stations planned in the short term, so probably a decent time to make a switch to an EV overall here, in the good old land down under.
Too bad it's only there. I ordered a Y model in January and delivery date was December this year now it's pushed backtill March-June 2023. I'm in the backwards mode now no truck and wait for a new car. There are used ones but I don't know.

OP
OP
JBee

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Delivery times have been already moved back to February to May next year. Apparently even EM was surprised there was so much demand with 10,000 orders over the weekend alone.

That's nearly $1billion AUD of Tesla Model Y sales in a weekend.

Not bad for a country poor in charging facilities and very long distances between stops. It's common in WA to have fuel stations 100km (60miles) apart, we have just three superchargers in the state. Wait until the CT hits the streets.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I moved into a new area, and 2 days ago my wife and I had a wonder through Chadstone shopping centre.

Look over there she said. It's a Tesla shop… You want to go in ? Pfffttttt

SO in we went !!

They had a model 3, and a model Y. A good dozen people hovering over like flies.

As a 25-year retailer, I can tell time wasters / shop lifters / customers etc

Here the shoppers had a point of difference. Calmness, a sort of ownership . Like a sporting club member get together, a church group. Brethren.

I was thinking about the day I would be back for my CT.

Tesla is king in AU...
Sponsored