Ward L

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, FS CT AWD
Country flag
Wow, looks beautiful and shiny. I hope I never feel inclined to labor over my CT as much as this must have required. Somehow, I think I will someday.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
I applied a less than liberal amount and utilized windex to remove the metal polisher. Do not leave on too long, wipe immediately. Do not reuse the microfiber towel, it turns brownish black.

IMG_3723.jpeg
OP: Just a piece of advice: You should follow the instructions on the BKF package:

Soft Cleanser

How to use BKF Soft Cleanser
  • Shake well before using.
  • Squeeze BKF onto wet surface or damp sponge.
  • Rub onto soiled surface.
  • Rinse thoroughly within one minute of application.
  • Wipe surface dry.

A Word of Caution about BKF
Because our Soft Cleanser is acidic and contains polishing compounds, BKF may etch or dull delicate surfaces. Before applying to fiberglass, plastics, anodized aluminum or brushed metal surfaces, such as appliance exteriors, test in a small, hidden area first.

https://www.barkeepersfriend.com.au/how-to-use/

I wouldn’t use Windex to wash the acidic BKF away. I know there’s been a YouTuber who doesn’t even own a Cybertruck recommending that, but I wouldn’t do that to my DeLorean. I would want to neutralize the acid in the BKF right away which is what the rinsing ( with water) does. That’s how I use it. I don’t use Windex on the car either, because the Florida DeLorean Club found that with continued use, it leaves a film buildup ( especially in the heat of summer), but to each their own.

I guess we’ll see what an application of an acidic substance followed by a product that contains ammonia does to stainless. Maybe there’s nothing to worry about, but what’s the long term impact?

https://whatsinsidescjohnson.com/us/en/brands/windex/windex-original-glass-cleaner

Also, the black/ brown stain on the cloth is metal oxidation that the BKF removed.

Last edited:

jasper7821

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Jaguar F-Type, Porsche Macan GTS, Indian
Occupation
Aircraft researcher
Country flag
How long did that take to do?

Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
Results look really good. And car detailing products don't get more affordable than $2 dollars!

PATEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
Nice results thanks for sharing. Is Bar Keepers Friend something you can just keep in the vehicle to use as a sort of quick-wipe/clean type of thing? Or is it too messy to use away from home?

Eddyrelik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CT
Country flag
Any issues with polishing/applying over the foundation etching? Would BKF “buff” the logos off?

Tanquen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I applied a less than liberal amount and utilized windex to remove the metal polisher. Do not leave on too long, wipe immediately. Do not reuse the microfiber towel, it turns brownish black.

IMG_3723.jpeg
Did yours have any suction cup marks? Did this remove them?

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Nice results thanks for sharing. Is Bar Keepers Friend something you can just keep in the vehicle to use as a sort of quick-wipe/clean type of thing? Or is it too messy to use away from home?

From the information available that I've read, I would say BKF is more of a occasional detailing. Kind of how I wash/wax my model 3 usually every 3 months.

I'm not a Cybertruck owner yet. But I think for most day to day cleaning needs, soap and water for dirt and windex seems to be best for fingerprints from the current tests on youtube.

BKF seems to the tool needed to remove the black spots that were identified by a couple people.

Also when cleaning, especially with any product you kind of have to work in, keeping it in the car and then using it as needed on certain spots, could make the areas you don't clean seem dirty just by contrast.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
BKF is great for an occasional detail, like every year if your CT sits outside in the elements. It is like a laser scrub for your face, as it removes the oxidation.
I have only had to use it once on my DeLorean in my 11 years of ownership as the car is babied and is stored in a garage.
Here it is after the BKF application followed by a wash. In fact, I cleaned one panel and washed the panel right away, followed by another wash when I was done cleaning all panels. The Florida DeLorean Club uses BKF this way.

Tesla Cybertruck Bar Keepers Friend steel cleaner applied -- result photos IMG_4622
Sponsored