Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul
Occupation
Quality Assurance Professional
Country flag
Was on a beef jerky and fudge run at Buc-ee's (don't judge me). The Bastrop Buc-ee's would be perfect for Superchargers. Plus, there are more TESLA employees moving into the Bastrop area and will most likely be driving TESLA's.

Tesla Cybertruck Bastrop Buc-ee's Needs Superchargers Buc-ee's_beaver.sv
Sponsored

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
ALL Buc-ee's need Superchargers! Plenty of time for Tesla owners to purchase mass quantities of kolaches, klobasneks, and Beaver Nuggets and experience what truly clean restrooms look like.
I don't think they quite get it. I have sent numerous messages via the Buc-ee's website and they are not listening/no response. I have seen other "Large" format C-Stores add superchargers but Buc-ee's I am afraid won't wake up till it slaps them in the face. I live near one of the Buc-ee's and have asked the management and it's like talking to a wall.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Buc-ee's wants nothing to do with the EV revolution. They have had multiple big EV charging companies get denied.

IDC though, I usually avoid Buc-ee's.. annoyingly crowded.

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
Buc-cee's, Wawa, Cracker Barrel, and any other businesses that derive a large portion of their income from people on road trips would be wise to put in charging stations.

With that said, I'm sure there is more to the story. Pure speculation, but the gasoline suppliers for Buc-cees and other gas stations may have clauses in their contracts that allow them exclusive rights to supply fuel to the gas stations and a charging station could be seen as a breach of that contract with financial consequences.

As the market shifts towards EVs, companies will have to adapt or get left behind... similar to what we have seen over the years with blockbuster, book stores, travel agencies, etc.

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Buc-cee's, Wawa, Cracker Barrel, and any other businesses that derive a large portion of their income from people on road trips would be wise to put in charging stations.

With that said, I'm sure there is more to the story. Pure speculation, but the gasoline suppliers for Buc-cees and other gas stations may have clauses in their contracts that allow them exclusive rights to supply fuel to the gas stations and a charging station could be seen as a breach of that contract with financial consequences.

As the market shifts towards EVs, companies will have to adapt or get left behind... similar to what we have seen over the years with blockbuster, book stores, travel agencies, etc.
Good point, looking forward to that day.
BTW there is a large truck stop / auto C-Store called BUSY BEE near Live Oak, FL on I-10 and they have no problem having Tesla Superchargers on their property (11 stalls) lots of cars, and big trucks, and Tesla's stopping in for a charge and to buy some eats. Imagine that.

Last edited:

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I don't think they quite get it. I have sent numerous messages via the Buc-ee's website and they are not listening/no response. I have seen other "Large" format C-Stores add superchargers but Buc-ee's I am afraid won't wake up till it slaps them in the face. I live near one of the Buc-ee's and have asked the management and it's like talking to a wall.
Maybe they finally read you letter :)

Tesla & Buc-ee’s Plans For Superchargers Span 26 Stores In 7 States
By Johnna Crider
Published 2021 Nov 18
https://cleantechnica.com/2021/11/1...for-superchargers-span-26-stores-in-7-states/

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
At some point gasoline pumps will go the way of phone booths.
The loss of phone booths were a serious hamper on the heroism of Clarke Kent.

I wonder what the unintended consequences of losing gas pumps will be.

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
That is great news and another reason to love Buc-ees.

I'm sure other similar companies, restaurants, hotels, apartment complexes, building managers, etc. will take note and hopefully follow suit as EV demand increases.

Soon you will start to see the conversation shift from:
"Oh wow, they have EV charging here" to
"Oh wow, they DO NOT have EV charging here?!?"

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
That is great news and another reason to love Buc-ees.

I'm sure other similar companies, restaurants, hotels, apartment complexes, building managers, etc. will take note and hopefully follow suit as EV demand increases.

Soon you will start to see the conversation shift from:
"Oh wow, they have EV charging here" to
"Oh wow, they DO NOT have EV charging here?!?"
To eventually, "Oh wow, they have one of those old gas pumps here!"

Dmcgee

First Name
dmcgee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator, Tesla Y, Mazda 5
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The Buc-ees in Terrell Tx has superchargers now .. not sure when they were installed but had to be within the last month or so.
Sponsored