Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Apparently Tesla parked their future vehicles for display at the shareholders meeting at Fremont. I don't know who took this photo but wow the future looks Great!
Tesla Cybertruck Beautiful image of Tesla's future teslasfremont
Sponsored

TirNaOg

First Name
Deasun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition
Country flag
wow that roadster is small!
And the Ct is ah very shiny? wouldn't that blind people on the road?
Also there must be at least 2 CT prototypes around.
1 Shiny and one more mat looking.

myco.rrhizae

First Name
Myco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 4.9L, Chevy Volt, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
wow that roadster is small!
And the Ct is ah very shiny? wouldn't that blind people on the road?
Also there must be at least 2 CT prototypes around.
1 Shiny and one more mat looking.
im curious about this. Its clear that the finish appears different under different lighting conditions, but I had wondered whether the test drive at the reveal was done in a different truck than the display unit on stage.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
...but I had wondered whether the test drive at the reveal was done in a different truck than the display unit on stage.
It was the same unit; the test-rides were delayed while they fixed the windows.

-Crissa

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Apparently Tesla parked their future vehicles for display at the shareholders meeting at Fremont. I don't know who took this photo but wow the future looks Great!
teslasfremont.jpeg
Hadnā€™t noticed before but from this angle the front seating position is almost in the middle of the truck.

OP
OP
Sirfun

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Hadnā€™t noticed before but from this angle the front seating position is almost in the middle of the truck.
Your comment made me go back and look at Leno's video. Here's a screen grab that shows the interior.
1. That door looks thick, like a supercar thick.
2. There doesn't look like enough space in the center seat for an adult male, between those guys.
3. You are correct, seating does seem closer to the centerline than I thought.
Tesla Cybertruck Beautiful image of Tesla's future jayinside

OP
OP
Sirfun

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I'm sure there's space, just, shoulder to shoulder space. No cold bucket seats...

-Crissa
Yeah I can't imagine too many dads being happy when their teen daughters date drives up with a CT that has a bench seat and a bed in the back. :oops:

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sirfun I think madquadbiker was referring to the length of the truck not the width. The length illusion is due to the picture being shot at an angle making the back of the truck look closer to the front seat area. If you look at a true side view you will see the front seats are way more forward of the center. :geek: :geek: :geek:

Tesla Cybertruck Beautiful image of Tesla's future 1601652453922

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sirfun I think madquadbiker was referring to the length of the truck not the width. The length illusion is due to the picture being shot at an angle making the back of the truck look closer to the front seat area. If you look at a true side view you will see the front seats are way more forward of the center. :geek: :geek: :geek:

1601652453922.png
I really would love to see one in the flesh, yes side on it doesnā€™t look like it is, I was just thinking that if the front seats were that far back there would be room to reduce the overall length for the possible world version by nicking it from the front leaving the rear as it is. It would only need the angle to be made a few degrees steeper to reduce it by a couple of feet. Any idea whatā€˜s likely to be installed in the front as far as equipment goes.

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I really would love to see one in the flesh, yes side on it doesnā€™t look like it is, I was just thinking that if the front seats were that far back there would be room to reduce the overall length for the possible world version by nicking it from the front leaving the rear as it is. It would only need the angle to be made a few degrees steeper to reduce it by a couple of feet. Any idea whatā€˜s likely to be installed in the front as far as equipment goes.
The front wheels, suspension, motor (if not single) and if you move all that back your feet. o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

CybrDdHd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Tri-motor, 2020 Ram 1500
Occupation
VP-Ops
Country flag
Your comment made me go back and look at Leno's video. Here's a screen grab that shows the interior.
1. That door looks thick, like a supercar thick.
2. There doesn't look like enough space in the center seat for an adult male, between those guys.
3. You are correct, seating does seem closer to the centerline than I thought.
jayinside.jpg

Speaking of the center seat... I'm gonna chalk this up to it being a demo model but SURELY they'll have a center console/fold-down instead of the front-middle passenger being standard with no armrests, etc....

The headrest in the center is the only thing that gives me pause about that.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
The only thing I hope Tesla changes is the stainless finish. I think the truck would look awesome in brushed stainless steel. Hard to believe it's been almost a year since I left my deposit.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Speaking of the center seat... I'm gonna chalk this up to it being a demo model but SURELY they'll have a center console/fold-down instead of the front-middle passenger being standard with no armrests, etc...
Do I need to link to the Cake song again? ^-^

-Crissa
Sponsored