Bed rail system is from Pro Audio industry.

X32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Audio Tech
Country flag
Hello, I put my reservation in yesterday (5/10/21) and am now looking at a long wait for a Cybertruck.

I work in the concert industry as an audio tech. We supply speakers, amps, console, mics, ect., for concerts and festivals around the Midwest. One thing I noticed when I first watched the videos of the Cybertruck was the bed tie down rails look to be the same as the fly rails supplied with one of our speaker systems. Fly rails are what is used suspend speakers in the air, if they are setting on the ground they are "stacked", if they are suspended they are "flying". If you have been to a concert where they fly speakers then you have seen just how much weight the fly systems can handle. The bed rail systems in the Cybertruck should easily be able to handle any load that can be hauled.

These are the Nexo Alpha speakers, I believe made in France. They were one of the top concert rigs in their day and are very heavy. Hope some of you find this interesting.
Tesla Cybertruck Bed rail system is from Pro Audio industry. NEXO-ALPHA-2

Tesla Cybertruck Bed rail system is from Pro Audio industry. NEXO-ALPHA-1
Sponsored

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Hello, I put my reservation in yesterday (5/10/21) and am now looking at a long wait for a Cybertruck.
Welcome to the club. I am especially excited to have you here because now I am no longer the last one in line.

One thing I noticed when I first watched the videos of the Cybertruck was the bed tie down rails look to be the same as the fly rails supplied with one of our speaker systems

The bed rail systems in the Cybertruck should easily be able to handle any load that can be hauled.
Great observation.

OP
OP

X32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Audio Tech
Country flag
It would appear that I am wrong about the rails in the bed. I swear I saw a pic somewhere that looked like the slots contained the same track used on speakers. You just insert a clip and have a strong tie down wherever you need it. But now I can't find that pic and all others I've looked up don't look the same at all. In fact, when I zoom in on this pic I'm not sure they are slots. They kind of look like that anti slip stuff that you add to stairs and slick floors.

I didn't even know the slots were a mystery until watching a Youtube vid from Cybertruck Truck Guy. He made the claim that no one knows what the slots are and I thought I did. Now I'm pretty sure I don't.

Tesla Cybertruck Bed rail system is from Pro Audio industry. CyberTruckBed

Last edited:

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
It would appear that I am wrong about the rails in the bed. I swear I saw a pic somewhere that looked like the slots contained the same track used on speakers. You just insert a clip and have a strong tie down wherever you need it. But now I can't find that pic and all others I've looked up don't look the same at all. In fact, when I zoom in on this pic I'm not sure they are slots. They kind of look like that anti slip stuff that you add to stairs and slick floors.

I didn't even know the slots were a mystery until watching a Youtube vid from Cybertruck Truck Guy. He made the claim that no one knows what the slots are and I thought I did. Now I'm pretty sure I don't.

CyberTruckBed.jpg
Definitely seems like those might not be slots. But even if they aren't, the Ltracks on the sides will still be great for customizing the bed. I wonder if Tesla has plans for additional ways to secure things in the bed.

Revoltlution

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius (CyberSlug)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Oh my, I love that picture of the CT bed, mud on the tires, Elon in the background!

I hate when the "media" including YouTube dopes say the hummer and lightning are real but the CT is just a concept :mad:

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Oh my, I love that picture of the CT bed, mud on the tires, Elon in the background!

I hate when the "media" including YouTube dopes say the hummer and lightning are real but the CT is just a concept :mad:
Mud on the Cybertruck makes it 10x more sexy than the S3XY lineup that Tesla already offers. Once I get my Cybertruck, i'm taking a dirt road home.
Sponsored