Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt
Occupation
VP of Operations
Country flag
I keep hearing people say it’s ugly. I must be seeing something completely different. This is, by far, the most rugged and sleekest design on a truck ever. The fact that it looks different makes it even more attractive to me.
Just goes to show how conditioned we all are to fit in with the herd.
Sponsored

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No. Why would Tesla want to do that? Free supercharging was only offered for high priced vehicles which they wanted to sell but were not selling as much as they wanted. They wanted model S and X to be widely accepted and this was one of the ways to gain acceptance. Keep in mind, the cost of electricity was probably built into the cost of car in some way. With Cybertruck they have none of these issues. They have over half a million (probably more) waiting in line to get their hands on one and it is a significantly cheaper car compared to S and X. What would offering free supercharging achieve?
true.....but with him you never know

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
What would offering free supercharging achieve?
A whole lot of good will at a very low price. The average driver turns in about 1000 miles per month, and does 85% of his charging at home so that the cost of this to Tesla, assuming $0.23 per kWh, would be 1000*12*0.15*.450*.23 = $186.30 per year per car. This is not in the cards at the moment for the CT. But that does not mean it never will be. They are now offering it on the X again and I was able to convince my wife that we needed a new X for that reason. Yes ma'am: $186.30 a year for the life of the car (or me, whichever comes first).

Last edited:

stumby

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S P90D
Country flag
I keep hearing people say it’s ugly. I must be seeing something completely different. This is, by far, the most rugged and sleekest design on a truck ever. The fact that it looks different makes it even more attractive to me.
Just goes to show how conditioned we all are to fit in with the herd.
When I first saw it, I didn’t say it was ugly. I said, Wow, That is different and unexpected. I keep being told how ugly it is from everyone including my wife and stepdaughter. Hasn’t phased me a bit, as I see the beauty in the fit, function, and versatility that none of the other manufacturers are willing to strive for. I was told my Chevy Avalanche was ugly when I got it but again it was the most versatile vehicle out there when it came out. Still love it today and know the CT is a game changer that that the rest will probably never be able to catch up to.
I think most people who are shocked by something so revolutionary a design just automatically call it "ugly." For a lot of people once the shock wears off and they get familiar with the look, they can then process what they're seeing and end up appreciating the design. I've read so many people online who now admit that they're Cybertruck fans despite first having a negative or shocked reaction.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I bought it because it is so ugly it is beautiful. I applaud their innovation. Most of what he said I agree with, but it is like the Batmobile for normal folks. As the designer from Renault said, it is brutal, it is perfect.

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Adjustable suspension height, dual or tri-AWD motors, spacious, million mile batteries, million mile body, optional great FSD, brutalist design, I WANT TO DRIVE IT! MY KIDS WILL INHERIT IT!

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Like most viewers I thought the truck was a joke when it debuted on stage in November. I woke up the next day and digested numerous photos and videos of the CT and the styling grew on me to where I loved it. I love the styling, practicality and stainless steel exoskeleton construction. That’s when I decided to place my deposit and sit back and wait.

I am encouraged that Elon is as smitten with his CT as I am. He apparently has ordered his team to fast forward the production timeline from the original Q4 2021 production date and has put the Semi and Roadster on the back burner. Mr. Musk said dessert will come later:)

Last edited:

Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Like most viewers I thought the truck was a joke when it debuted on stage in November. I woke up the next day and digested numerous photos and videos of the CT and the styling grew on me to where I loved it. I love the styling, practicality and stainless steel exoskeleton construction. That’s when I decided to place my deposit and sit back and wait.

I am encouraged that Elon is as smitten with his CT as I am. He apparently has ordered his team to fast forward the production timeline from the original Q4 2021 production date and has put the Semi and Roadster on the back burner. Dessert will come later:)
Yes, CT has that effect on many people. It's like weed. It grows on them. Did for me too, deprived me of $100 and a piece of my heart a week after launch.
Sponsored