SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
I'm officially invested in a couple of hundred shares.
Holding till Nov 2049 when I will start my mandatory withdrawals.
The only thing that would change my mind would be if SpaceX goes public. If that happens, I will swap 100% of the portfolio into SpaceX.
Sponsored

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The only thing that would change my mind would be if SpaceX goes public. If that happens, I will swap 100% of the portfolio into SpaceX.
I just did the same thing.....added 300 shares and hope by the end of next year that with the first production being released it goes up.....then will see and get into SpaceX too.......you just beat me to it....I see Tesla stock continuing a downward spiral until about Mar / Apr timeframe

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I bought 500 the other day. After 4 yrs of buying, that ties up my TSLA investment plan.

I have since lost 10% lol. I only care about end of 2024, or longer if it comes to that.

I could not be happier with the drop.. I was thinking I may end up buying ~300, and it turned out to be 500. TIS enough.

What a journey !!!, and it is a hoot ahead.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
SpaceX won't go public until people are on Mars ... Musk already said he won't have that get in the hands of stockholder control.

OP
OP
SpaceYooper

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I know he wants to keep it private. I was just caveating my hold till 2049 statement.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I have been happily buying as well, Stock price is so far detached from performance right now.

I say buying... I should say I'm stealing stock.

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
While I took the opp to buy a couple (literally 2) more shares, it is just still so insanely overvalued to me. The stock is valued like a software growth company, but Elon himself says Tesla is a manufacturing company.

They are leading in that regard for sure. But 70x 29x?

Last edited:
OP
OP
SpaceYooper

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
While I took the opp to buy a couple (literally 2) more shares, it is just still so insanely overvalued to me. The stock is valued like a software growth company, but Elon himself says Tesla is a manufacturing company.

They are leading in that regard for sure. But 70x?
70x? It's trading at 29x earnings right now. Still not cheap but not 70x.

There are lots of ways to value value a company. Some ways make sense and others don't. Generally I do think Tesla trades more like tech vs manufacturing, but thier auto manufacturing margins are so much better then the competition making direct comparisons to them doesn't make a lot of sense either.

I honestly didn't evaluate much here. I don't like/trust the stock market (other then index funds...even then I still don't trust the market but I think index funds are the are the way to go). This is literally my only market investment. I believe in Tesla for the long run; I had the $ sitting in a fund I could not care less about so I bought TSLA instead. Hopefully I can make inflation plus a couple percent per year over the next 27 yrs.

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
70x? It's trading at 29x earnings right now. Still not cheap but not 70x.
I admittedly pulled that number from a quick visit to the etrade report tab, not realizing I was seeing a 2021 number. Original post ammended, but that's still a large P/E for me for the type of scale limitations Tesla will face in getting larger.

Optimus may fix their anticipated labor shortage, but it doesn't raw materials. Perhaps Boring has something up its sleeve in this regard but I feel doubtful.

Frank Mendez

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3, mkzh, f150
Occupation
sales
Country flag
I just did the same thing.....added 300 shares and hope by the end of next year that with the first production being released it goes up.....then will see and get into SpaceX too.......you just beat me to it....I see Tesla stock continuing a downward spiral until about Mar / Apr timeframe
Why do you see the downward spiral lasting until Mar/Apr? Just curious about that statement.
SpaceX will be too long of an investment horizon for me as I look to be retired in just a few years. I keep looking for money to buy more shares of Tesla but alas I can only come up with 2 or 3 at a time.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Why do you see the downward spiral lasting until Mar/Apr? Just curious about that statement.
SpaceX will be too long of an investment horizon for me as I look to be retired in just a few years. I keep looking for money to buy more shares of Tesla but alas I can only come up with 2 or 3 at a time.
well, just look at it now.....down 1.09 from yesterday's low....until the CT giga press is in place and production starts, I believe its going to be a long winter......If installed by 1 Feb, parts can be run and certification can be done on the giga press allowing for production runs......then I believe the stack will stabilize and start to move upwards......we have been told so much and there has been so much speculation about the giga press, that , that plus the Twitter crap, has taken a toll on the Tesla stock......I bought more yesterday but maybe I should have waited for today.......good luck with your retirement.....

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
2022 has been a rough year for Tesla investors. Mostly macro issues, but the Cybertruck delays along with slower than expected ramp ups for Austin and Berlin, plus the 4680 production ramp still dragging out. Remember when Tesla hinted that 4680 production would be at a run rate of 100 GWH by end of year?

Add in the Fed ratcheting up interest rates to slow down the economy, war in Europe, extremely high energy rates in Europe, a struggling Chinese economy, COVID lockdowns in China…. It’s been a very rough year.

I’m not saying Tesla is struggling, but many of the expectations for 2022 did not pan out or fell a bit short of expectations and it was a turbulent year In general.

I bought a few shares today, but it’s harder to find pennies under the couch pillows lately. The 4th quarter earnings should be good and factory ramps have gotten some real traction. The big wildcard still is the 4680 ramp. We still haven’t seen any big indications Tesla is cranking batteries out of Austin and we still have zero sign of batteries with the updated chemistry.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
2022 has been a rough year for Tesla investors. Mostly macro issues, but the Cybertruck delays along with slower than expected ramp ups for Austin and Berlin, plus the 4680 production ramp still dragging out. Remember when Tesla hinted that 4680 production would be at a run rate of 100 GWH by end of year?

Add in the Fed ratcheting up interest rates to slow down the economy, war in Europe, extremely high energy rates in Europe, a struggling Chinese economy, COVID lockdowns in China…. It’s been a very rough year.

I’m not saying Tesla is struggling, but many of the expectations for 2022 did not pan out or fell a bit short of expectations and it was a turbulent year In general.

I bought a few shares today, but it’s harder to find pennies under the couch pillows lately. The 4th quarter earnings should be good and factory ramps have gotten some real traction. The big wildcard still is the 4680 ramp. We still haven’t seen any big indications Tesla is cranking batteries out of Austin and we still have zero sign of batteries with the updated chemistry.
and / or the giga press.......

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We have signs of the gigapress. New foundations, parts arriving... Just slow.

-Crissa
"part arriving".......did I miss some containers marked with the manufactures name?......I know I am some the pessimist, but "seeing" is believing with all the news of " it's coming, its shipped and its arrived".....I just haven't seen anything to give me a warm and fuzzy feeling the giga press is here yet.........we all know its coming....I am just impatient....be a nice Christmas present though.
Sponsored