E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Guys I had my Truck for less than 350 miles. something happened i cant explain... I was driving like usual and when coming into a turn releasing the accelerator but the speed wasnt reducing... so i pressed the brake... but it didnt engage.... until it was too late and i hit a signal light pole, also airbags didnt deploy.

Here are some pics of damage

img_1966-jpeg.jpg

img_1968-jpeg.jpg

img_1965-jpeg.jpg

img_1967-jpeg.jpg

Updated with info, Q&A

It's conceivable that regen could have been limited. That's expected at high SoC and can be temperature-sensitive.

There are even some long-time Tesla drivers at TMC that believe regen was reduced in the last software update:

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/regen-braking.323598/

although my experience with regen shows it to be very effective.
Regen was working but it was limited it was different than before ( I’m doing a bad job of explaining), hence the application of brakes which also had a delayed feeling. I’m glad to be uninjured 🙏

Feeling a bit sore
Still love the truck though.

I don't give a flying F*K about photos. However, the logs will tell the story. Tesla has the logs....yes, all cars have this info. Will be interesting to hear what is published.
I also requested the logs

All Tesla has so called Black box that continously record the vehicle's usage history and vital statistics so they can pull up information pertaining to the vehicle prior, during and post accidents.
Yea they have a team looking into it right now.

I find out what their diagnostics and review of the issue is.

Wait a minute. You say that the brakes didn’t engage ‘fast enough’ but earlier you said they didn’t engage at all. You say that you have whiplash but that the airbags didn’t deploy. Can these things coexist?
Letting go of accelerator I can feel the limited regen , pressing brake it didn’t feel like it was catching until too late. Again I can only explain the laceration I don’t know what happened

Im
Wondering if the pole survived.
You tell us

IMG_1961.jpeg
Sponsored

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
Guys I had my Truck for less than 350 miles. something happened i cant explain... I was driving like usual and when coming into a turn releasing the accelerator but the speed wasnt reducing... so i pressed the brake... but it didnt engage.... until it was too late and i hit a signal light pole, also airbags didnt deploy.
That...sounds like a lawsuit, actually.

Mal

First Name
Mal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep CJ-7
Country flag
Oh, that blows. Sorry this happened to you.

Does anyone know what the process is to get Tesla involved? Gotta be valuable data there for them to analyze. Do the cars/trucks just flag that there's been a collision event and upload whatever they can? Almost sounds like the thing froze up for a few seconds.

(I'm new to Teslas and the ecosystem)

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
OK, I'll be the guy who says it. This seems sus...
Joined 2 weeks ago. I post - 1 msg.

Feel awful if it truly happened but without pics and such a new account you could be right