Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Bravo! I did a similar distance drive from Sacramento to SLC on my Day 1 (leaving CA in my Model 3), then down to ABQ, NM on Day 2 back in 2021. Buona viaggio!
i went through tahoe mountains it was quite a snow storm lol truck did wonderful. no chains needed. slowed me down quite a lot tho.

Cold.Truth

First Name
Big A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 CT AWD, 1987 Carerra, 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Occupation
I.T. Project Management
Country flag
I lived in Sac area for about 13 years. Started my “Tesla journey" back in 2013 before the SC network was much at all. It’s the secret sauce though, ain’t it? ;) btw, Tahoe can get a LOT of snow and sometimes they mandate chains. Glad it worked out for you and your CT.

OP
OP

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I lived in Sac area for about 13 years. Started my “Tesla journey" back in 2013 before the SC network was much at all. It’s the secret sauce though, ain’t it? ;) btw, Tahoe can get a LOT of snow and sometimes they mandate chains. Glad it worked out for you and your CT.
well it WAS their secret sauce untill this year ... stil not a fan of opening it up.

Gundo

First Name
Gundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S
Country flag
Guaranteed to be an epic trip! Travel safe and enjoy the ride. Have done the same, from UC Davis to Connecticut on I-80, but in our Ford Raptor.

And I’ve gotta say, I shouldn’t be surprised by your stats having spent so much time on this forum, but I am as I hadn’t thought about a cross country trip before.

615 miles driven in just under 10 hours = 62 mph avg speed. Given snowstorm this makes sense and not too shabby.

But now add your 3 hours of charging and avg speed is 47 mph.

Extrapolating that across 3,000 miles = 64 hours of drive & charging time.

In the Raptor we made it in 44 hours driving time, granted we were hauling a$$, but wow, this is a big delta.

We did use 183 gallons of fuel at $3.50/gal for a fuel bill of $650. 5 or 6 fuel stops (36 gal tank) at 15 mins each does add some time, but just 90 mins.

Thank goodness for supercharging! Will be great data to have on CT charging curve. And please keep the stats coming.
IMG_1764.jpeg

OP
OP

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
thanks, yea i have all the charging curves ill post its tough using my laptop at the hotel and tired lol but when i get back for sure.

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
thanks, yea i have all the charging curves ill post its tough using my laptop at the hotel and tired lol but when i get back for sure.
Be interested in seeing that info, supposedly they have improved the charging curve so hopefully you are seeing close to 250w up to about 60% SOC
Also like to hear your general thoughts on the truck and trip

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
This will be interesting for me although my use-case is oulling an RV on long trips and learning from the experience of those braver souls.

Please post the details of your trip and thanks in advance.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Cool trip, mind posting your wh/mile and experience with charging when you get settled in at your destination?
Sponsored